• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaypee

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So pi**ed off with LookSmart tailoring..
I wont say which one, but im sure everyone can safely guess

neyus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Charlie's Wardrobe
Neyus, what's the price point starting at please? They look nice btw.

The prices of my custom shoes are $190.00 for a standard oxford. $250.00 for something like a chukka boot and $290.00 for lace boots. The reason for the price, is they are made in The Philippines so I can pass on the savings.

Tano: With regard to the Allen Edmonds. I just want to see what interest there is amongst the Australian members. I haven't got any in stock at the moment and for this work I need to see if there is enough interest. I wont be purchasing seconds. Pricing depends on what sort of quantity I can bring into the country. The less I can bring in the more expensive it will be. Shipping is really the deciding factor here.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by neyus
Guys, I just thought I'll let you know that I am now selling hand made custom shoes. I'm based in Brisbane. So this information might be of some benefit to members living locally.

I will also be selling custom shirts, made in USA by Individualized shirts and plan to be selling custom suits probably in the new year.

I also wanted to know if Australian members would be interested in Allen Edmond shoes as I am also to obtain these at wholesale prices. Unfortunately the shipping is quite expensive so the more I am able to order the better it is.

If you want to check some of the custom made shoes. Please check out my blog or my facebook site.

http://www.deerstyle.blogspot.com

http://www.facebook.com/deerstyle

Thank you

How much are your tan double monks as seen on facebook?

neyus

Reaction score
Originally Posted by meister
How much are your tan double monks as seen on facebook?

Double Monks are about $190.00

raybert

Reaction score
Hi,
I definitely would be interested in Allen Edmonds. Problem is would you get the smaller sizes? I am normally a UK 5.5/US 6.5 (current pair of AE Park Avenue and Churches) and sometimes if the smallest size available UK 6.0/US 7.0. A think the basics of Park Avenue, Fifth Avenue, Strand would be a starting point. Furthermore your custom shoes options has really caught my eye - I wouldn't need to worry about sizing - on your blog the black punched captoe balmoral what is the starting price (i.e. can I choose the type of leather e.g polished vs calf, etc?). Also where are you guys in Brisbane?

Cheers.

The prices of my custom shoes are $190.00 for a standard oxford. $250.00 for something like a chukka boot and $290.00 for lace boots. The reason for the price, is they are made in The Philippines so I can pass on the savings.

Tano: With regard to the Allen Edmonds. I just want to see what interest there is amongst the Australian members. I haven't got any in stock at the moment and for this work I need to see if there is enough interest. I wont be purchasing seconds. Pricing depends on what sort of quantity I can bring into the country. The less I can bring in the more expensive it will be. Shipping is really the deciding factor here.

ryanohare

Reaction score
Guys, I just thought I'll let you know that I am now selling hand made custom shoes. I'm based in Brisbane. So this information might be of some benefit to members living locally.

I will also be selling custom shirts, made in USA by Individualized shirts and plan to be selling custom suits probably in the new year.

I also wanted to know if Australian members would be interested in Allen Edmond shoes as I am also to obtain these at wholesale prices. Unfortunately the shipping is quite expensive so the more I am able to order the better it is.

If you want to check some of the custom made shoes. Please check out my blog or my facebook site.

http://www.deerstyle.blogspot.com

http://www.facebook.com/deerstyle

Thank you

Sounds fantastic Neyus. I'm based in Melbourne but will definitely try and catch up with you next time I'm in Brisbane.

Have you got an approximate price on the black boots in your FB profile pic?

sidewinder13

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaypee

Uh-oh, I'm about to go there this afternoon. What happened?

ryanohare

Reaction score
Originally Posted by jaypee

The Budweiser of tailoring.

Cheap, rushed, nasty, mass-produced ****.

3ff3z8e

Reaction score
Good day everyone,

I've been invited t my company's X'mas party and I have a conundrum here to refer to my fellow i-gents for some sagely advice.

Theme of the party is "Black and White party". A search on google only revealed ideas for a black and white party of which peguins, french maids and a sub-machinegun toting nun are not exactly my idea of dressing up.
confused.gif

I'm also wondering if the theme = dress code i.e. "Black and White Party" = "Black and White tie"

If so then I'll need to source a tuxedo soon as the party's on the 26th. At the same time I'm worried if I might stand out too much if I donned a tux.

Would appreciate any advice on the matter,

Thanks everyone.

__PG__

Reaction score
BTW I've noticed a disturbing trend in Melbourne of people only fastening the bottom button of their suit jacket.

What's all that about?!?

blahman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Obviously the theme is this:

joffa.jpg

3ff3z8e

Reaction score
Originally Posted by __PG__
Get yourself one of these:

stormtroopers-in-the-pool.jpg

Lol.... I wish I could.. if I had the time to build one up from scratch.... oh which reminds me, I think Jimmy Choo's son, Danny is running around Japan in one of those....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 30 11.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 39 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads