• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Have you rotated seasonal clothing yet

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bigbris1
Don't have enough clothing to warrant teh swap. They just stay in their respective places and don't get worn 'till it's time.

I've got enough clothing, just not enough space - and putting my stuff in storage would give my wife ideas. I'll just have to stop buying stuff.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just did last night. And as always, I put on the side a whole bunch of stuff I'm going to get rid off - either because I didn't wear it all spring/summer, or because I don't want to wear it this winter.

I've got this interesting set up with non-current suits/stuff high above the current stuff - so it's a whole exercise in ladder climbing to rotate seasons.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I dress out of a closet with about four feet of bar. It holds about two weeks' worth of clothing and eight pairs of shoes.

I rotate a few items in and out from storage as the weather changes, every week or two. And I am always editing to make room for new things. This makes for a steady, gradual rotation, which I enjoy.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How timely for this thread. I'm taking a coffee break from doing exactly this as I type.
Here in Toronto we deal with what is called 'Indian Summer' or 'False Summer' where we have a last brief stretch of summery temperatures before it snaps cold for the winter, meaning my later rotation.
Yesterday we received snow flurries and the summer stuff is now going into storage this very day.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by alliswell
I've got enough clothing, just not enough space - and putting my stuff in storage would give my wife ideas. I'll just have to stop buying stuff.

I'm in the same boat. Just re-arranged closets this weekend actually and still not nearly enough space. Sigh.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
3 piece flannel today. First time this year.

Doxe

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
Dropped all of my cotton and linen stuff off at the dry cleaners this weekend so that I can bag them up and put them away till next year.

Who are you using in TO for your drycleaning?

Thx

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Doxe
Who are you using in TO for your drycleaning?

Thx

Nobody special - just the dry cleaner in the condo down the street from me (no offense to my dry cleaner).

hypostatic

Reaction score
I switched out a few weeks. Light cloth traded in for sweaters, scarves, gloves, coats. It's almost depressing.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
in the process. I don't put anything away because I travel to places with wierd climates so I have to be prepared.

hypostatic

Reaction score
I prefer the moderate temperatures of spring and fall. I find winter to be too restrictive!

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Stored s/s items a few weeks ago and brought out the f/w goods. A topcoat is being taken in, and fortunately will be ready in a couple of days in time for a cold spell that's coming by the end of the week. I love this time of year.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads