• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holdfast

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
P1040867-1.jpg

Someone photoshop some explosions in the background.

laugh.gif

Great pics.

Originally Posted by Prestosmp
I hope everyone is having a blast at work like me today!!! Maybe I'm just running on fumes.

I suppose whether that's good depends on what fumes you're inhaling. Nice to see someone cheerful in amongst all the boring blather in this thread over the past 24hrs. More pics, people!
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

oct28005.jpg

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Burn the tie, keep the trousers for another season and a more casual outfit. Make the trousers grey. Always grey (well, almost always). Fun pants are no better than fun ties or fun shirts.

Send the tie to Vox ... lol.

More importantly - almost always grey? Imagine a world where we all wore navy jackets, blue shirts and grey pants.

Diavolo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
What if I keep everything as is, but simply go about in bare feet?

Subtle, but when noticed, I think it will provoke astonishment, which we know is a synonym for "envy."

I also feel that I could draw in the energy of the Earth Mother more easily this way.

Let me know.

- B

Okay. There are clear advantages in this.
Eventually your feet would harden like those of the Australian Aborigines, which will allow you to chase Kangaroos and giant frill-collared lizards across the blazing rocks and desert of the outback - I believe that is what it's called.
But I insist that the money you will save on not buying Lobbs and Kitons you spend on a full-time pedicurist.
You will have to beware the constant attention of the Hare Krishnas however.

gregaz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
IMG_0875.jpg

IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
All dressed up for salsbury steak night at the supper club. Finally got my mohair back after a month in for surgery.

5124173890_24d8594b23_b.jpg

Not bad. However, I really do hate solid white shirts paired with solid white sqaures. It's too sharp and graphic--and a wasted opportunity to marry the other pieces of your outfit together. Consider that it is undisputedly banal to wear a matching tie and square, and you would never wear a square in the exact same color and pattern as your non-white shirt. Why is white and whit okay? It's less unusual, but I think it's equally wrong.

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Then my advice is to keep it plain and simple. Work on getting the details right rather than trying to be bold. It is much harder than you think.

In this case, the fool-proof trouser color would have been a light or medium grey and any tie would have looked better that was less loud and in-your-face. So, the question is: did you simply not know those things beforehand, or did you have a reason for taking a different route? I suspect it's more likely the latter. You don't just stumble upon a pair of trousers or tie like that. There's no need to reinvent the wheel when wheels work very well as they are and are very hard to make correctly.

Point well said and well taken. You are right that I generally try to avoid being boring when I dress. I didn't really consciously think about it until you pointed out that the tie and trousers didn't just magically appear in my closet. So, with that in mind:

2010-10-28c.jpg

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
waaay better.

is u just chilling in the crib trying out different 'fits?

Thanks!

Yeah, I already worked today but tonight I am the speaker at an AA meeting.

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not bad. However, I really do hate solid white shirts paired with solid white sqaures. It's too sharp and graphic--and a wasted opportunity to marry the other pieces of your outfit together. Consider that it is undisputedly banal to wear a matching tie and square, and you would never wear a square in the exact same color and pattern as your non-white shirt. Why is white and whit okay? It's less unusual, but I think it's equally wrong.

Thanks, man. I tend to agree with you. The shirt is actually white with a micro blue overcheck, so reads pale blue.

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bleachboy
Heh, not snark.
smile.gif
I am a recovering alcoholic.

damn - sorry man. there is so much snark here its hard to tell sometimes.

needless to say, sorry about my comment and stay strong man.

post editted.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Had some posts in multiquote, but it just became too much.

I still think that Diavolo is right most of the time, of course he could be softer, but that wouldn't be fun, right?

I like that Vox has said that Spoozy dresses terribly...
laugh.gif

I also like the course the discussion has taken, it's really constructive, wouldn't have thought that it'd turn out that way.

@nii: I can actually appreciate fits that aren't blue/gray/brown. There is proof here: http://www.stilmagazin.com/forum/sam...hread-304.html user Algy dresses in a very traditional british way, which isn't my thing at all, but it is very well put together.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
IMG_0864.jpg

Remember I mentioned your open quarters being cut funny? In some instances it's more obvious than others, and this is one of those instances. The bottom edge of each quarter looks like it's slanting up toward the center. To my mind, that means either they were cut that way, or your jacket balance is off. I'm beginning to suspect the latter. The buttoning point is high and appears to pull up the jacket's front. It looks as if someone's gently tugging your jacket back off your neck and shoulders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads