• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

ndw

Reaction score
The button holes on the suit are serious. Nice look, but I will echo the other comments about the collar (almost like some goodfellas ****). Do you really work at your desk with your coat on?

Originally Posted by luftvier
5118971195_d8bec93bea_z.jpg

Nice fit, but I particularly like the collar on that shirt - it suits you. I would have gone with your suede chukkas for this fit.

Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
P1040899-2.jpg

Trouser's pabric and fit are nice, but overcoat looks short to me and I would have gone with a darker sportcoat for more contrast.
Originally Posted by Vitaly

Great sweater!

Originally Posted by clarinetplayer
wed2v.jpg

I can't believe it's that hot there! I have commented on how much I like this suit before, but upon browsing back through your fits I can't help but think that the button stance on some of these older numbers (particularly yesterday and today) is quite low, which makes them appear a little dated.

Originally Posted by MBreinin
8232-4.jpg

I like this simplicity of this overall; however, coat appears a little short and I am not sold on the besom pockets for a sportcoat.

Originally Posted by someotherstyle

Originally Posted by bleachboy
WOW!

Thanks, BB.

Originally Posted by edmorel
ndw, great outfit but iammatt will reprimand you for wearing such a rustic tie with such a smooth shirt/suit.

Thanks, Ed. I hope iammatt can forgive me
laugh.gif

joz411no

Reaction score
At a friends wedding this pass Saturday. Sorry I do not have a full shot.

D,

Nice combo with the brown and pink. I love pink. So many guys are afraid to wear it. You do it nicely, my man. Cool kicks and socks on that one too.

A pity no full shot of the wedding attire. Next time.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3

Dreary rainy cold (relatively ... to my midwest folks) day in the A ...​

Great looking suit Nii.​

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel

no one should wear a purple tie, in any outfit unless you are Prince
frown.gif

Well following that logic then the same should be said about blue:

For further clarification:

"The actual color of Tyrian purple, the original color purple from which the name purple is derived, is the color of a dye made from a mollusc that in classical antiquity became a symbol of royalty because only the very wealthy could afford it. Therefore, Tyrian purple was also called imperial purple."

"In medieval Europe, blue dyes were rare and expensive,[14] so only the most wealthy or the aristocracy could afford to wear them. (The working class wore mainly green and brown.) Because of this (and also because Tyrian purple had gone out of use in western Europe after the collapse of the Western Roman Empire in AD 476), Europeans' idea of purple shifted towards this more bluish purple known as royal purple because of its similarity to the royal blue worn by the aristocracy. This was the shade of purple worn by kings in medieval Europe"

Schorsch

Reaction score
Originally Posted by someotherstyle
Spoo, your colors can seem detached from one another - much like Rob's commented fit the other day. But hey, at least you're having fun.[/url]
Is this a bad thing? Clearly, the man does not wish to fade into the background. I like when his colors pop and clash. Less Beethoven, more Stravinsky. If it was all dissonance (and I think some looks have come close) it would fail, but a little bit is pleasing. Can I ask what kind of work you do, Spoo? I can't imagine what kind of environment allows you to dress so "up" and yet so "odd" (in the best possible sense of the word) at the same time.

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by PandArts
Well following that logic then the same should be said about blue and red:

For further clarification:

"The actual color of Tyrian purple, the original color purple from which the name purple is derived, is the color of a dye made from a mollusc that in classical antiquity became a symbol of royalty because only the very wealthy could afford it. Therefore, Tyrian purple was also called imperial purple."

"In medieval Europe, blue dyes were rare and expensive,[14] so only the most wealthy or the aristocracy could afford to wear them. (The working class wore mainly green and brown.) Because of this (and also because Tyrian purple had gone out of use in western Europe after the collapse of the Western Roman Empire in AD 476), Europeans' idea of purple shifted towards this more bluish purple known as royal purple because of its similarity to the royal blue worn by the aristocracy. This was the shade of purple worn by kings in medieval Europe"

PRINCE, son...not a prince.

PandArts

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

EZETHATSME

Reaction score
laugh.gif
That made me laugh, PandArts and Trini... In your defense Pan, I was thinking "a" prince too, had to go back and re-read the original. Doh! EZ

bigbris1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3

Trini, Bris and Spoo ... How's the moisturization?
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif

31d0ed6a.jpg

Lovin' the flannelly look of this, I just might have to snap up the one on B&S.

Not too wet here, yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads