• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Stile Latino Suits

ap3265

Reaction score
I am looking at a Stile Latino suit, but I have not heard much about the brand. Can someone comment on how good the quality is of the suits and how Stile is regarded against other high end suit companies.

Thanks.

ld111134

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I bought one recently and love it. Very high quality fabric and construction from Cesare Attolini (this is Attolini's more "popularly-priced" line, but excellent value).

ap3265

Reaction score
It was pointed out to me that the Stile has poliamid and elastane and that anything synthetic is a not as good quality.

agbassano

Reaction score
I wouldn't automatically look at a partially synthetic blend as a negative. I don't think high end all-weather wear is cheaper because of the synthetics used - they perform better for their intended use. I can see high-end manufactures using these types of fabric to achieve a "look"... wouldn't be surprised if this fabric is being used for a little more "athletic" cut or something in that it has a bit of stretch to it. The sizing seems off though 45R/46R at the top of the page and 38R/Euro 48R in the description seem to be at odds....

Mute

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The synthetic blend will probably wrinkle less so it might make a good travel suit. However, for the price, I'd personally stick with one of the all wool or natural fabric suits.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ap3265
Would you consider this Stile Latino a good buy? http://www.ehaberdasher.com/servlet/...dsh-46R/Detail
^^ Did you end up buying it and if so what do you think of it. I am thinking of getting this Stile Latino suit. One problem I see is that the rise on the pants seems to be pretty short (10"). Pic
stile_1006st18aa.jpg

Wicky

Reaction score
Awesome suit, Rise of the two SL suits I own is not significantly less than other suits I (Kiton, Attolini), maybe just a bit.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Do you consider SL suits to be better made construction and finishing wise in comparison to Caruso Sartoria Parma suits ? Thanks

razl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I've considered but have not purchased any Stile Latino suits primarily because of the very low rise that each has had. I think the most rise I've seen in one has been 9.5". Although I suppose for some that's actually a feature instead of a deal-breaker.

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ Thats why I am afraid of. I cant wear 10" rise jeans let alone suit trousers. I guess I am on the wrong side of the old man/ GQ-Esquire style divide.

Wicky

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
^^ Do you consider SL suits to be better made construction and finishing wise in comparison to Caruso Sartoria Parma suits ? Thanks

I have seen Caruso Sartoria Parma's with more handwork, however, the fabrics, fit and drape of the SL is better.

Mattia

Reaction score
Has anyone heard of Stile Latino's Vintage line? I tried one on, but I could not tell for the life of me if the suit was full canvas construction. The cloth and stitching are superb, but I don't feel like spending the money on a suit that will "bubble" after one trip to the dry cleaners.

MTLGuy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
^^ Did you end up buying it and if so what do you think of it.

I am thinking of getting this Stile Latino suit. One problem I see is that the rise on the pants seems to be pretty short (10").

Pic
stile_1006st18aa.jpg

Did you end up getting this suit? I'm looking at the same one in 39/40.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 102 36.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads