• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Los Angeles Shopping + Dining Thread

ThomSquared

Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
The wait at Little Dom's is just as obnoxious.

Yeah it's been getting alot worse over the last few months, the touristy demand for the breakfast pizza is to blame for that.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThomSquared
Although it's a bit on the low brow and in kind of a seedy area I would hit up Pann's Restaurant (of Pulp Fiction fame) off of La Tijera in Inglewood for some really good Fried Chicken, also try Honey's Kettle Fried Chicken in Culver City, their fried chicken and biscuits are ridiculous.

I love Pann's fried chicken wings, they are great. They have them for breakfast with waffles as well. I heard there are a few Golden Birds around, haven't really found them though.

The diner from pulp fiction is on Hawthorne Blvd in Lennox BTW, it has changed a few times.

Please Respond

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ThomSquared
I have mixed feelings about the Alcove as well, very hit or miss and the set up for ordering is obnoxious.

Couldn't agree more. I really don't like Alcove. And the outdoor seating is extremely uncomfortable..

Please Respond

Reaction score
Another place I've been frequenting, it's quite good, Chili Addiction on La Cienega. It's a bit pricey for chili but it is "gourmet". If they happen to have the Bloody Mary Chili when you are there, it's really good. They also have some damned good sausage; the marinara on the side is win/win.

ThomSquared

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Please Respond
Another place I've been frequenting, it's quite good, Chili Addiction on La Cienega. It's a bit pricey for chili but it is "gourmet". If they happen to have the Bloody Mary Chili when you are there, it's really good. They also have some damned good sausage; the marinara on the side is win/win.

This is factual information, I work down the street and go here for lunch at least once a week. The Chili is damn good but the acid reflux afterward is a *****.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
The wait at Little Dom's is just as obnoxious.

little dom's is at least nine times better than alcove.

i kind of have a love/hate relationship with Hillhurst in general, minus Yuca's, McCall's Meat & Fish, and my doctor's office.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
While I can't say I've had anything bad at Little Dom's, I can't say I've had anything that would warrant a weekend wait. But then I'm pretty fussy about that in general which is why I never go to any of these places during rush hours. There are so many good places in the area that it's not hard to find a spot with equally good food but without the half hour of standing around a sidewalk.

I'd give out my real breakfast spot but then the above would happen and then I'd have to find a new place all over again.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Yup, but only if 7-11 is out of breakfast burritos.

i used to go to that 7-11 to use the bathroom, but the line got too long. maybe it was mentioned in this thread.

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mharwitt
i used to go to that 7-11 to use the bathroom, but the line got too long. maybe it was mentioned in this thread.
You've got some lip for someone who went to a public school.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
You've got some lip for someone who went to a public school.

laugh.gif
considering sig expansion.

skunkworks

Reaction score
Am I missing something about Yuca's? It seemed kind of meh, but maybe I should've gone for pork somethingorother instead of carne asada?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics