• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by audiophilia
Wonderful.

Originally Posted by EnglishLapel

Spoo true to form when you try classic and simple it tends to looks great.

Thanks guys.

Originally Posted by gnatty8
I think I've read the advice before, but you really should consider cuffing your trousers, I think it would add polish to your fits.. When I see plain bottom trousers like that, they just don't seem finished.. I like the pattern of the sportcoat, but I think the tie clashes somewhat..

Thanks gnatty - I agree that cuffs add finishing, sure. I just cant bring myself to get them on my trou just quite yet. I like the way they look on other people, but when I wear them it does not jive for me. But I do appreciate the input.

Originally Posted by Slewfoot
Spoo - Love the shoes. Who's the maker on those elgant suede brogues?

Thank you - They are (as Kaplan mentioned) the Crockett & Jones Worcester.

Originally Posted by MBreinin
Monday and it is hot again. I hate heat.

Prada? Wow, I would have never have guessed a Prada suit in your closet Mike! The shoulders as has been mentioned, doing something Quasimodo like there, but otherwise a nice sedate fit. You've been turning down the volume - except for Black Friday - whats up?
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by MBreinin
Great SC, Spoo. Wrong tie.

Mike

Because of the color or the pattern?

Originally Posted by niidawg3
Throwback Monday​

Great Nii - and I love the briefcase. LV right?

Originally Posted by niidawg3

- dapper SC Spoo-serati. is that a Corneliani? if it is then that appears to be the convergence point in our wardbrobes ... lol.
- Not very imaginative, but a solid mid or charcoal grey cashmere tie would have rocked. the green tie makes this busy, however i think the shirt is subdued enough to make it not too bad. your shirt collars have improved a lot. i need to work on my BD collars too.

Well, we will need to find another convergence point...
laugh.gif
This is a MG unlined cashmere.

I agree all those tie choices would have worked, probably better - but same question I asked Mike - was the color or the pattern the factor for you? I hope not the color as I thought it was really spot on
frown.gif

Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
I like it better from afar, but that's just me quibbling. A nice fall look.

I agree with you.

Originally Posted by UrbanComposition
Chilly Monday

Coat- awesome
Bowtie - awesome
Tucked in sweater - not my kind of awesome, but works on you... I think.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by spoozy
I might get banned from SF, but i don´t feel the sweater. If it had been richer (deeper) in colour, i would have liked it...this way, it´s a bit too close to the pants, and it even gets worse (if one can say so) with the light colour of the jacket. No pun intended Spoo, that´s just what i feel about it.

BAN! Kidding Spoozy - but not sure Im seeing your point about it - especially since your fit today had a V neck sweater with a DB jacket... same kind of idea. In any case - Its something to consider, and thank you for your opinion.

Originally Posted by Threadbearer
Not three minutes after taking these pix I dribbled yogurt on this tie.

You had a day like this too? God damn beef and broccoli at lunch - slippery bastard of a broccoli slips off the chopstick into the sauce, all over my shirt and pants.
cloud.gif

Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
****** Monday

Nice color work Rob - But
peepwall[1].gif
Im not as crazy about it as everyone else is - the pants look a little short to me. While I dont NOT like the fit, the last time you wore this SC with the lighter pants, that was much better for me.

Originally Posted by Animal Thug
Janky pics as usual:

Those AS are awesome as they get more and more broken in. If thats the shoebox on the bed, thats also a serious piece of machinery.

Originally Posted by Kaplan
They look like they could be the C&J Worcester.

Here's a pic of mine from the suede thread.

fistbump.gif
nice eye.​

spoozy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpooPoker
BAN! Kidding Spoozy - but not sure Im seeing your point about it - especially since your fit today had a V neck sweater with a DB jacket... same kind of idea. In any case - Its something to consider, and thank you for your opinion.

Funny thing, Spoo. You´re the first one to comment on the outfit...seems as if i even can´t get people to hate my stuff lately....anyway, it´s not about the sweater a a piece, but it´s colour. I´d have preferred it to be of a richer colour, that´s all. But thx for answering
smile.gif

banis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BlackBrumel
So, the yours is the Lada or the Rover?
smile.gif

That is not a Rover.
smile.gif
It is Izh. One of Russian automobile creations.
facepalm.gif
The red Ford belongs to my wife and mine is not pictured. Camera was on its trunk.
Originally Posted by BlackBrumel
I like the way your jackets fit you: mainly the shoulders and waist.
Thanks!

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bellyhungry
Great outfit, especially the pants and shoes combo...

Thanks! The shoes are bing sold by my tailor...if anyone is interested send me a PM. They're handmade in italy, and his own design.

Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
It does look great. Fortunately I decided to wear the same thing today, but don't think I did it quite as well.
smile.gif

Thanks TC, but theres nothing on here you don't do well bud!

Originally Posted by Strange
This combo is almost TOO good, Ranger. Truly fabulous. I've never really cared for gray on gray (trousers and socks) but that's negligible. Great stuff, man.

Cheers strange!

Originally Posted by w.o.e.is.me.
img_1991.jpg

pps: NYR, it's been said, but great work.

Thanks W, your photography is great!

Originally Posted by clarinetplayer
Sharp! Excellent fit. Your tailor is an artist.

Cheers CP, cold yet up there?

Originally Posted by SpooPoker
Nice color work Rob - But
peepwall[1].gif
Im not as crazy about it as everyone else is - the pants look a little short to me. While I dont NOT like the fit, the last time you wore this SC with the lighter pants, that was much better for me.

Cheers Spoo, these were actually let down a touch, before they were REALLY short. The jacket is new though, first time out in the wild.
smile.gif
A bit similar to the one I'm wearing today (which I think you referenced).

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NewYorkRanger
Cheers CP, cold yet up there?

Perfect for wearing sweaters and running. Sunday was the Detroit Marathon with a course that included the bridge to Canada and a tunnel on the return. Temperature was about 40 at the start. Absolutely perfect.

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Picture is from a few weeks ago but the outfit is the same.
IMG_7168.jpg

dbc

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tibor
Picture is from a few weeks ago but the outfit is the same.
IMG_7168.jpg

Very Boardwalk Empire!

tshaw

Reaction score
Lufty - Fantastic suit!! - you're looking really good these days...fit seems spot on!! Keep it up man.

5095258554_4c58421b87_b.jpg

SpooPoker & TB - I feel your pain, boys...

Sorry you and TB had to go through this - but I'm glad to hear it...I thought I might be the only one suffering through this - nice fresh Jersey tomato and mozzarella salad, with olive oil and basil - Last bit of tomato/basil slides between the fork tines and onto the tie - right in the middle of upper chest, then it continues the slide down to the belt buckle, sprongs off and lands onto the upper thigh.. ARGHHH Then I had a meeting to go to....
facepalm.gif

T

BlackBrumel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by banis
That is not a Rover.
smile.gif
It is Izh. One of Russian automobile creations.
facepalm.gif

The red Ford belongs to my wife and mine is not pictured. Camera was on its trunk.

Thanks!

Well, if the vehicle at your extreme left is not a Discovery it looks like a lot. Hardly could be called "a creation".

Tibor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by dbc
Very Boardwalk Empire!
To me it has much more of a 40's vibe than a 1920's style, but thank you. The 2 3/4 inch wide bound edge brim, the meduim spread collar, the padded shoulders, and the lower gorge, with very vertical peak lapels all says 1940's to me. I do generally prefer the 20's and 30's look.
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 98 37.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 95 35.8%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 32 12.1%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 40 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads