• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What stereo(s) do you listen to? What do you want?

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
The Gallos are awesome. The 2CE signature is already a heckuva speaker. I'm at the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest and I talked to Richard Vandersteen today. Nice guy. His new 7s are incredible.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Andre should have been at the show. I rode the elevator with Mr. Linkwitz himself today.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Artisan Fan
Andre should have been at the show. I rode the elevator with Mr. Linkwitz himself today.

laugh.gif
but I've visited him at home. Did you enjoy the show?

--Andre

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
best options for used prepro with good room correction right now? I need room correction (and hdmi switching, and lip sync) badly and my budget can't handle what i'm really drooling over (mx150). Was hoping to buy a mac this year but I blew a ton on clothes this summer so I need to do something cheaper...
frown.gif

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Y
laugh.gif
but I've visited him at home. Did you enjoy the show?

--Andre

Yeah it was really fun. The Pioneer TAD speakers were outstanding. The Magico Qs sounded good as well but again the EAR/Marten Design room was one of the most musical.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah it was really fun. The Pioneer TAD speakers were outstanding.

Andrew Jones is so under the radar, and TAD is so underrated. It's probably the best cost-no-object box speaker out there.

--Andre

Please Respond

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

Wow, a lot of you have some nice equipment in this thread. Thought I would contribute.

I'm not a DJ by career but do it for fun, parties, etc. Here's my setup:
(I used to spin vinyl but it's just not efficient and takes up too much space)

2xTechnics SL1210 MkII
Rane TTM57SL mixer
Alesis Monitors MR5
Audio Technica ATHM50 headphones (used to use the Sony but like the AT's much better)
I run Serato Scratch Live with Ortofon Serato S-120 cartridge/needles

IMG_2885.jpg

IMG_2886.jpg

IMG_2884.jpg

When I want to shake the room, I route the output of the mixer through my home stereo:
(I used the existing Cat 5 cabling in the house and routed through the utility closet so I didn't have to punch holes all over the place. It's not ideal but it works pretty well.)
Yamaha 3806 Receiver
B&W 603 Floor Standing Mains
and a Bowers and Wilkens Subwoffer

I also have a pair of Pioneer CDJ 1000's (cd turntables) that I keep for parties on the road and an old Pioneer DJM 600.

The custom built DJ station is made by a Dual and I couldn't be happier with it.

I spin Progressive and Electro.

Please Respond

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Butter
^^

That custom table is slick. Mind sharing how much you paid for it?

Custom table is really cool. Two turntables and a microphone?
smile.gif

Nope, no microphone. I ain't that type of DJ
wink.gif

The retail price on the table the way I had it configured with monitor and laptop stand, if I remember correctly, was about $2300. However, I worked out a VERY good deal with the builder that brought it in a more digestible price. PM me for details.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
It looks great but the only thing I would change is the isolation. Spikes under the speakers would be ideal.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It looks great but the only thing I would change is the isolation. Spikes under the speakers would be ideal.

I'm not in to DJing at all but it's definitely a neat place.

Please Respond

Reaction score

Sorry, not to sound like a complete idiot.. But what exactly do you mean by changing the isolation? And what would spikes do?

Thx

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Please Respond
Sorry, not to sound like a complete idiot.. But what exactly do you mean by changing the isolation? And what would spikes do?

Thx

Forget the spikes. What you really need are styrofoam cups for that cable.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads