• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TeeKay

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know you guys hate polo shirts, but **** you -- I like em.
laugh.gif

81626659.jpg

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think polo shirts are the epitome of bland. it's like the staple article of clothing for people who want to look "good" without putting in any effort.

Also, **** I need a blazer so bad myself. All I have is an H&M one, lol. I actually asked about governing rules when it comes to wearing blazers with jeans. Thanks listi cuz that gives me a better idea of what to look for. Would it be too extreme to wear a dark blazer with distressed/weird washed jeans?

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lane
I think polo shirts are the epitome of bland. it's like the staple article of clothing for people who want to look "good" without putting in any effort.
Uh, can't you say that about 90% of clothing? Jeans, t-shirts, jackets, blazers, etc.

And what does effort have to do with fashion? I thought the opposite was true.

Lane

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by whodini
Yeah, I figured you'd have a hard time understanding the whole "dressing without a hot topic flowchart" concept.

if you're sitting here looking for all these top designer brands collections, and are nitpicking on which individual item to buy. Spending lots of time on each individual piece you plan to own, and later taking all of these items together, and allowing them to culminate into your outfit. I'd say that's vastly different than going to the mall and buying a couple of polos.

Binker

Reaction score
slim cut polos can be styled very cleanly. not everything needs to wow

TKJTG's would be much improved by losing the dbs, they look completely out of place. that fit works way better if you push it towards either the sporty with something like achilles lows or dressy with some nice lace-ups

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
CJ, jacket looks huge, looks sloppy. I am piling on.

Originally Posted by CrazyJew
Had I gone with some of the things I'd seen on the yoox summer sale, there would've been no return. . . . In that regard, however, I have a question. As I'll be looking for a new blazer now, what particular higher-end brands have nice shorter-cut blazers?

Yoox has tons of reasonably priced blazers from good brands all the time that you can try on and return if they don't fit. Don't do final sale until you really know what you are doing.

Originally Posted by Listi
I wear blazers with jeans occasionally, but...

Blazer should be a little more extreme, a normal looking blazer with jeans often looks like an orphaned suit jacket. Look for waist suppression, and shorter than normal. Jeans should be fitted impeccably, and they should NOT be cuffed. Also, tuck in your shirt, unless you're wearing a super short shirt with your blazer it should be tucked in. Tucking into jeans looks just fine if it's fitted properly.

Gavroche seems to be the only one who can do blazer with cuffed jeans. There is a blazer/cuffed jeans waywt of me somewhere with this look, and I decided that I don't like it. I just go with slim stacked jeans. All the blazers I wear with jeans would look weird as suits (or very fashion forward), so they don't look orphaned.

samblackbones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thing about polos is: you gotta golf, and when you golf, you need yourself a nice polo. Also sometimes you gotta go out on a friends boat, then too, it can be nice to have a good polo, also a pair of non marking boat shoes. Polo shirts are leisure class necessities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads