• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Enough with the lifestyle photos

coolpapa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I honestly don't understand the purpose of this picture other than ego stroking. The accompanying description reinforces this theory.
DSC00198.jpg
"- wedding band in 18k WG with D flawless diamonds" Okay.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by acidboy
if we submit lifestyle photos taken with crappy cellphone cameras, reflected on dirty mirrors would it make it better?

Originally Posted by robin
pic1qy.jpg

Some photographs are crappier than others. Nice assist from the gentleman in the stall.

- B

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by coolpapaboze
I honestly don't understand the purpose of this picture other than ego stroking. The accompanying description reinforces this theory.

DSC00198.jpg

"- wedding band in 18k WG with D flawless diamonds"

Okay.

Tie looks familiar.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by coolpapaboze
DSC00198.jpg

"- wedding band in 18k WG with D flawless diamonds"

Hell, I can't even see the tiny little diamonds!

And hopefully that band belongs to his wife. A man shouldn't be wearing diamonds set in a ring.

I always love the remark made by Walter Hoving when a man demanded a diamond ring at Tiffany ... "What you buy is your business, what we sell is ours."

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Dedalus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by RSS
I miss the term prol.

It's a great way to be racist/classist, without being racist. Urban/city prole, country prole. And it can go both ways, bourgeoise can be equally disparaging. They're the assholes with money but no taste or class. The words are too ridiculous to be taken seriously, so nobody will be offended.

zjpj83

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A few threads down is "At what age did you/do you project you will become a millionaire?"

Oh, the irony.

RSS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dedalus
It's a great way to be racist/classist, without being racist. Urban/city prole, country prole. And it can go both ways, bourgeoise can be equally disparaging. They're the assholes with money but no taste or class. The words are too ridiculous to be taken seriously, so nobody will be offended.
So that's how it's spelled. I imagine I only used/heard this term in speech ... way back in "high" school.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Did anyone save the picture of manouche's rolex with "a dust" ?

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
phat guido started the trend.

i kinda like it. its more fun and contextual to see pio drinking a bottle of merry edwards klopp ranch than seeing a bottle of merry edwards klopp ranch

CouttsClient

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thought I'd add some fuel to the fire...just a couple of pics from my other "home"...Peninsula Beverly Hills:

My "crew" poolside in my cabana:
IMG_0685.jpg

I'm addicted to "high tea" and would enjoy it everyday if I could find people with enough free time:
n690492164_2125193_7590.jpg

Ummm...just because she likes this pic.
laugh.gif

n690492164_2125183_4978.jpg

I do wonder what the people at the Veuve event across the pool must have been thinking

Alright...carry on...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics