• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Definitive MANBAG Thread Part I: 2009-2014

ldivine

Reaction score
Thanks! It was such a steal I couldn't pass it up.

These are accurate dimensions: Depth: 4.3 Inches, Height: 12.1 Inches, Length of strap: 17.6 Inches, Width: 17.2 Inches.

It's a fairly large bag but honestly it's a great size for carrying a laptop, gym clothes or a sweater, waterbottle, + anything else you could want. If only the strap weren't so darn long it would help balance the weight better.

I really love the tote-style one you grabbed, especially in that color.

pdsf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ldivine
Thanks! It was such a steal I couldn't pass it up.

These are accurate dimensions: Depth: 4.3 Inches, Height: 12.1 Inches, Length of strap: 17.6 Inches, Width: 17.2 Inches.

It's a fairly large bag but honestly it's a great size for carrying a laptop, gym clothes or a sweater, waterbottle, + anything else you could want. If only the strap weren't so darn long it would help balance the weight better.

I really love the tote-style one you grabbed, especially in that color.

How long is the shoulder strap then?

Just to follow up on a brand that people talked about a while ago - Hlaska. Did anyone buy their bags and if so what's the feedback? Like I said I wasn't too keen on them because they seemed really stiff in the store but maybe after some usage they'd become a bit softer. They are having a mini sale - just FYI for those who might be interested.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ldivine
Thanks! It was such a steal I couldn't pass it up. These are accurate dimensions: Depth: 4.3 Inches, Height: 12.1 Inches, Length of strap: 17.6 Inches, Width: 17.2 Inches.
Thanks for the measurements; that's what I thought. There is also a guy on Ebay selling several items from that collection, and he posted the measurements at 15X18, which seemed far too large to be accurate. Oh well, typical crappy ebay "who knows what you're getting!" misinformation. As for the strap, it looks like you could have somebody press a few extra holes into the strap? I wonder; but, as you said, if the strap is too long, it doesn't make much sense. Perhaps a shoe repair shop, or a leather goods shop. It sort of looks like something you could even do yourself with a decent hole punch.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Anybody can do a review of Moore & Giles? They appear to be an American leather maker, but I'd never heard of them until very recently. Some nice items, though I have no experience with the quality. Leathers look decent, but the lining and hardware at first glance makes me wonder, especially at their price point (which is reasonable if the quality is there, but still fairly steep.) http://www.mooreandgilesinc.com/

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Probably the first time I've ever posted RL on this site, but the PL and top-tier bags often are quite nice, though very pricey at full retail. I really like this one, and also the "ricky" (IIRC) style. They seem very unique, but also sort of with a hint of vintage, Hermes HAC styling. Anybody tried them first hand and can comment? For $3400 and $2200 (respectively), they had better be perfect.
xN80s.jpg
eOqvY.jpg

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mr.Chen
^^ Love the green one... but 2200? give me a break
Exactly... sometimes RL pricing is a bit strange. And, at $3400, and I'm not so sure I like it better than the similarly priced LV GM Suhali (goatskin) Lockit, which is nearly the same size, but a little more minimal/simple (it also comes in the same brown as the RL above):
WMH4x.jpg

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by entrero
***********ing lately?
eh.gif

Look at the size and layout... it's a unisex bag. Who cares where/how it's marketed or which "section" LV happens to stick it on their website? If you hunky hunky men want your clunky Saddlebacks and Filsons, which have all the refinement of a Log Wagon, that's fine and dandy; I'm not discriminating. Just leave the rest of us our "purses" without the puerile douchebag comments.

hamzilla

Reaction score
This bag is from RLPL. I like this color but the only color available is black. What are you guy think? The bag is big enough to fit 15'' laptop. Oh the price is 150 bucks.

RTEmagicC_ralph-lauren-purple-label-canvas-leather-bag-front.jpg.jpg

ralph-lauren-purple-label-canvas-leather-bag-01.jpg

Nobunny

Reaction score
Not the dopest bag I've seen, but for that price you should kop. Where are you getting it at that price? Would have thought it would cost at least ten times as much considering it's RLPL.

My manbag ballin hasn't been all that this year. Only kopped a brown leather prorsum bag at a heavily reduced price. Am kinda digging this, even though it's insane as ****. Can anyone ID it or give me some names of people who make similar designs? Stumbled across some italian brand that was big on camo **** some time ago, but can't find them again.

camobag.jpg

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Look at the size and layout... it's a unisex bag. Who cares where/how it's marketed or which "section" LV happens to stick it on their website? If you hunky hunky men want your clunky Saddlebacks and Filsons, which have all the refinement of a Log Wagon, that's fine and dandy; I'm not discriminating.

Just leave the rest of us our "purses" without the puerile douchebag comments.

hahahaha you're the best

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nobunny
Not the dopest bag I've seen, but for that price you should kop. Where are you getting it at that price? Would have thought it would cost at least ten times as much considering it's RLPL. My manbag ballin hasn't been all that this year. Only kopped a brown leather prorsum bag at a heavily reduced price. Am kinda digging this, even though it's insane as ****. Can anyone ID it or give me some names of people who make similar designs? Stumbled across some italian brand that was big on camo **** some time ago, but can't find them again.
Many designers are doing camo now, but Trussardi 1911 was the first to do it in recent seasons, and others (like Prada) have copied it. edit: that actual bag you posted isn't Trussardi, I don't think... and I'm not sure which one that is. HOWEVER, many brands have copied Trussardi after they did it in 08 or so.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads