• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***The Official GANT Thread***

slappy

Reaction score
Bump. I really like their madras shirts, the fit is far better than the J. Crew ones

PLaydice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This brand exists nowadays and people wear it? I find TONS of gant at my local thriftstores all the time. I thought it was like a lands end level brand from the 80's. I see like 3 or 4 of these shirts everytime and nobody ever buys them.

phoenixrecon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
the name was bought out a number of years ago when the company went under... its owned by some sweeds now and the quality is up there with gitman for sure. also i can always find gant on sale at my local barneys outlet or on gilt

tahonng

Reaction score
Probably a little early, but anybody know how much this jacket will go for? And other places to get it from aside from the GANT store in NY?
00160m.jpg
Torn between this and Penfield's Rockford.
penfield1003.jpg
(the one in black)

MichaelPemulis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ahahah i love that the guy has a lacrosse stick in his hand. who on earth is going to play lacrosse with a down jacket on? winter is hockey season.

edubs01

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Rocked the black Penfield last winter...great jacket....got so many compliments on it...solid choice!

ispace

Reaction score
Bought this shirt from an Amsterdam store last week:

IMG_4031s-1.jpg

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^ NICE! when I get some free time I hope to be able to try on a few Gant rugger shirts to see how they fit me.

Froosh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Saw a pic of the ACL X Gant Rugger Handloom Madras which brought me to this thread. Too bad only 73 were made. Are there any online stores carrying similar Gant Rugger shirts?

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tahonng
Probably a little early, but anybody know how much this jacket will go for? And other places to get it from aside from the GANT store in NY?

00160m.jpg

Torn between this and Penfield's Rockford.

penfield1003.jpg
(the one in black)

Anywhere from $3-500
The collection is also available at Saks, depends on location which pieces they have

YoungM

Reaction score
What are prices like on the Gant Rugger stuff? I've got a hankering for the pants below, and am wondering if it's worth the trip to Barneys. Also, is this stuff in yet?
01010FWRUG.jpg
Many thanks.

sq4you

Mid-level baller
Reaction score
IMG_2438.png
gant back when it was ivy league collegiate; before it became overridden by hipsters

Kvc06

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by YoungM
What are prices like on the Gant Rugger stuff? I've got a hankering for the pants below, and am wondering if it's worth the trip to Barneys. Also, is this stuff in yet?
01010FWRUG.jpg

Many thanks.

Prices aren't that bad, it's a mid level priced brand if that means anything to you

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads