1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was. I'd like to keep you abreast of the improvements we've made over the past few days.
    @notification emails have been added, in response to user requests

Attached images are now Full Size by default

Users are now all allowed three (3) links in their signature files,

SSL certification is now in place so you can all browse securely.

The server has been reconfigured so that site speeds will improve.

Notice: Right now the site is slow because we are fixing all the images from the past 4 months. Many of you noticed that these were missing, and we are fixing that problem now. Unfortunately, it is taking up a lot of resources and causing the site to be slow.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***The Official GANT Thread***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Epaulet, Feb 18, 2010.

1. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member

i tried to buy it yesterday but it sold out quick as hell

only 73 shirts made

Holy shit!

Small wonder though, they did a killer job on this. That madras check is basically perfect.

2. enigma77

enigma77 Senior member

Gant Rugger Medium = Epaulet Medium = Band of Outsiders Large = J.Crew Small = Gitman Vintage Small

Haha, I love this. For some reason it makes me laugh. (Don't get me wrong; it's also seriously useful.)

As a rule, I won't buy anything for our store with a garish or ostentatious logo

YOU MEAN THEN YOU WON'T BE CARRYING THIS?

[​IMG]

My dreams have been crushed.

Seriously though, Gilt just had a minor Gant sale; looks like they were offloading some late winter/early spring stuff. Looked interesting; picked up a few things. Hadn't bought Gant before, your equivalency chart was useful, Mike! Thanks. We'll see how they fit.

3. mrmax

mrmax Senior member

I was lucky enough to grab one of these before they sold out. I wont get to see it until next week but if the size (M) doesn't work then it will be on B&S fairly quickly.
    I see ACL's Gant Rugger collaboration shirt has sold out already - http://www.acontinuouslean.com/2010/...as/#more-14411 [​IMG]

4. enigma77

enigma77 Senior member

Hey folks,

Quick question: I bought a Gant fitted poplin shirt from Gilt recently, and while it fits perfectly in the shoulders and length, it's just a tad baggy in the midsection. It's unwashed, though. Since it's poplin and as-yet-unwashed, I'm hoping that if I put it in the dryer when I first wash it it'll shrink a bit. Anyone have experience with Gant's poplin? Will it shrink or no?

5. Blog Marley

Blog Marley Senior member

I was lucky enough to grab one of these before they sold out. I wont get to see it until next week but if the size (M) doesn't work then it will be on B&S fairly quickly.

if it doesn't work out i might be interested.

6. henrikc

henrikc Senior member

I'm so jealous of you, here in Norway most Gant retailers only carry the clothes with a "dad"-fit. No slimfit, although you might get lucky and find something with a decent fit. I have a grey cable v-neck with blue and red stripes along the neck. Love this one as well, [​IMG] What I'm really trying to say is that they do have some nice items, but mostly the fit is too loose for me.

7. ahjota

ahjota Senior member

Anyone know another US stockist for the Rugger poplin gingham s/s shirt in a Medium? Blackbird's out. [​IMG] EDIT: Having just posted this, I realize I could probably try the store in NY. :p

8. sq4you

sq4you Senior member

Hey folks,

Quick question: I bought a Gant fitted poplin shirt from Gilt recently, and while it fits perfectly in the shoulders and length, it's just a tad baggy in the midsection. It's unwashed, though. Since it's poplin and as-yet-unwashed, I'm hoping that if I put it in the dryer when I first wash it it'll shrink a bit. Anyone have experience with Gant's poplin? Will it shrink or no?

i dont think mine have shrinked very much...if at all.
    just get it tailored. its easy and cheap.
    i had the sleeves tapered on this one below because they werent as thin as i liked. now it fits me flawlessly

[​IMG]

9. CBrown85

CBrown85 Senior member

Are there two lines of Gant Rugger? My girlfriend brought home a couple of Rugger polos, which have great fit and quality, but were made in China. Just curious.

10. Blog Marley

Blog Marley Senior member

sq4you, if you don't mind me asking what season is that shirt from and where did you get it?

11. slappy

slappy Senior member

Bump. I really like their madras shirts, the fit is far better than the J. Crew ones

12. Epaulet

Epaulet Senior member

Hey guys, we took some Spring Markdowns on our Gant Rugger collection. It's all 25% to 30% off:

Gant Rugger on Sale

13. Guitar Preacher

Guitar Preacher Senior member

Gahhh I need to snag one of those harrington jackets before its late.

first post!

14. PLaydice

PLaydice Senior member

This brand exists nowadays and people wear it? I find TONS of gant at my local thriftstores all the time. I thought it was like a lands end level brand from the 80's. I see like 3 or 4 of these shirts everytime and nobody ever buys them.

15. phoenixrecon

phoenixrecon Senior member

the name was bought out a number of years ago when the company went under... its owned by some sweeds now and the quality is up there with gitman for sure. also i can always find gant on sale at my local barneys outlet or on gilt

16. tahonng

tahonng Senior member

Probably a little early, but anybody know how much this jacket will go for? And other places to get it from aside from the GANT store in NY? [​IMG] Torn between this and Penfield's Rockford. [​IMG](the one in black)

17. MichaelPemulis

MichaelPemulis Senior member

ahahah i love that the guy has a lacrosse stick in his hand. who on earth is going to play lacrosse with a down jacket on? winter is hockey season.

18. edubs01

edubs01 Senior member

Rocked the black Penfield last winter...great jacket....got so many compliments on it...solid choice!

19. ispace

ispace Senior member

Bought this shirt from an Amsterdam store last week:

[​IMG]

20. MiniW

MiniW Senior member

^^ NICE! when I get some free time I hope to be able to try on a few Gant rugger shirts to see how they fit me.