• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

English Premier League 2010-11 Fantasy Football

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hmmm maybe the 12pt hit to get the 'super' team wasn't worth it
smile.gif

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone tempted by Gyan or Beausejour?

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iVoRy
What about Hleb?

I think he's a good player but can't see him getting many fantasy points (maybe bonus points) but he's more the assist for the person who gets the assist points if that makes sense
smile.gif

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Do you already have 3 Tottenham players?

MrGimpy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
Anyone tempted by Gyan or Beausejour?

Just dropped Rodallega and brought in Gyan. Part of his appeal is the fact he should be playing regularly for Sunderland. A bit hesitant about letting Rodallega go, though, particularly since my third striker is N'Gog.
facepalm.gif

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
Just one. Is Van der Vaart already on the list?

Not yet - I'm guessing he'll be up soon - probably 8-8.5

It'll be interesting to see how he effects Bale's scoring.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MrGimpy
Just dropped Rodallega and brought in Gyan. Part of his appeal is the fact he should be playing regularly for Sunderland. A bit hesitant about letting Rodallega go, though, particularly since my third striker is N'Gog.
facepalm.gif

Rodallega hasn't had a great start to the season (okay Wigan's start has been disasterous). I suspect wigan's season (and Rodallega's form) will improve as fixtures get easier.

Gyan could be a real bargain - Sunderland are shaping up to be a good team, and Bent has an excellent track record. If they work well together who knows - they've a decent defence and okay midfield... I worry a little about Gyan's finishing - he knows how to get to the goal, but seemed to suffer premature ejaculation - shooting too soon.

N'Gog I like - but until he gets much more gametime (unlikely unless Torres is injured) he'll remain a decent and inconsistent shooter rather than a truly good striker.

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ManofKent
Not yet - I'm guessing he'll be up soon - probably 8-8.5

It'll be interesting to see how he effects Bale's scoring.

I can do 9 if I have to, without weakening my hugely succesful team too much.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If any of you have Dawson on your defence you might be wanting to look at transfers...

Brian SD

Reaction score
I'd really like to sign up but I've never done fantasy league sports before. Can someone put the basic MO into laymans terms for me?

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Brian SD
I'd really like to sign up but I've never done fantasy league sports before. Can someone put the basic MO into laymans terms for me?

Select 15 players from any premier league teams (max 3 per team), must have 2 goal keepers 5 defenders, can have 4 or 5 midfielders, can have 2 or 3 forwards. Total cost of players must not exceed 100 million. Prices fluctuate as more people buy or sell them. Choose which players of your 15 you wish to play each week in (goal) then 4-4-2, 3-5-2, 3-4-3 or 4-5-1. You get points awarded for players starting the game, playing 60mins or more, scoring goals, assists and bonus points for judges. Goalies, defenders and midfielders get points for clean sheets, goalies get them for penalty saves. Generally you can make 1 transfer per week without a loss of points.

There are additional rules and nuances, but that's the basics. If you're interested pm me.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If any of you were mad enough to pick Rooney as a forward be warned that he might be distracted for a while:

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/top-sto...5875-22538473/

I think our tabloid press need to do a 'shock horror we've found a member of the England squad who doesn't cheat on their partner' story...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads