• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bathing In The Same River Twice

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
For those of you that have moved away from your childhood home, can you ever seen yourself returning to live? Why/why not?

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
No. Cause that town can't handle me anymore. Plus there would be no conceivable way for me to actually work in the way that I want to.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
No. Cause that town can't handle me anymore. Plus there would be no conceivable way for me to actually work in the way that I want to.

There's no male prostitution in your home town?
confused.gif

tomgirl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ugh...I hate idioms. Now I'm imagining you all bathing in some goddamn stream like **** water nymphs.

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
not a chance in hell - the place I grew up is a little dusty desert town, full of the type of people that I dont like.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tomgirl
Ugh...I hate idioms. Now I'm imagining you all bathing in some goddamn stream like **** water nymphs.

I hope your imagination is doing justice to my attributes.

So what about you, girlie? Or you from the big city?

tomgirl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
I hope your imagination is doing justice to my attributes.

So what about you, girlie? Or you from the big city?

I'm actually moving away from my childhood home (literally the home I've lived in my whole life) in just over one week to go east. It will be the most cathartic thing I've done in my life so far, and I hope I don't come back. I also read a NYtimes article today about the phenomenon of accomplished 20-somethings returning to the nest multiple times before "settling down".

Hombre Secreto

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
**** no! I wouldn't want to raise a family there. I wouldn't mind moving back as a bachelor though.

shademore

Reaction score
Absolutely. I have been saying it for thirty years. If you all would be so kind as to pack your **** and head back East to wherever the **** you all are from, I'd move to back to my So Cal beach slum in a heartbeat. Oh and... don't let the door hit you ********** on your way out.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Am I allowed to answer?

I left home, did my walkabout thing, but always knew I would come home. I'm back now, and very happy. I can't imagine myself anywhere else, at least for the long haul

yerfdog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by globetrotter
not a chance in hell - the place I grew up is a little dusty desert town, full of the type of people that I dont like.

Heh, a couple years ago I moved to a little dusty desert town. I could see myself moving back to where I grew up.

MetroStyles

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tomgirl

I lolled.

I have so many 'hometowns' that none of them really feel like home anymore.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads