• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Death or This God-awful threak?

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by KitAkira
Then why should we consider them people? You're digging a deep hole of stupidity
Stop searching for opposition to something that doesn't exist. Where did I say that dolphins have intelligence equivalent to human children and that's why they are considered as people? I didn't.
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
lol8[1].gif
I'm laughing at all of you trying to talk rationally or logically to Nosu. Quit feeding the trolls.

Yeah, your idea of logic and rationale is twisting words, confusing terminology, and opposing statements never said... and name calling.

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nosu3
Yeah, your idea of logic and rationale is twisting words, confusing terminology, and opposing statements never said... and name calling.

lol8[1].gif

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I hope they didn't waste all of that delicious blood.

you can leave a comment on it. You just have to type around all of the PETA drivel.

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Humane slaughter is an oxymoron. Killing these trusting pigs was a total betrayal in a society where meat is not needed to live a healthy, happy life. I've been vegan for 18 years and it's really easy to eat delicious food and not kill innocent animals who trusted you moments before you "humanely" killed them.
+1 to this. It is the ultimate betrayal, disgusting. They probably ate their dog off camera.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim
lol8[1].gif

I'm laughing at all of you trying to talk rationally or logically to Nosu. Quit feeding the trolls.

Trolls is people. People have the right to food. Juicy dolphin, veal, and foie gras.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
+1 to this. It is the ultimate betrayal, disgusting. They probably ate their dog off camera.

please offer support to the argument that pigs build up trust in the farmers and that it is a betrayal when a farmer slaughters the pig and breaks that very special bond the pig has with the farmer.

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
please offer support to the argument that pigs build up trust in the farmers and that it is a betrayal when a farmer slaughters the pig and breaks that very special bond the pig has with the farmer.

Have you ever interacted with an animal, a pet maybe?

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
Have you ever interacted with an animal, a pet maybe?

many animals, including pigs. My neighbor growing up ran a rather comprehensive veterinary practice, so my exposure was quite large from an early age.

Once again, support your argument, please. Any nugget of proof, I tried a google search but that didn't turn up anything. You certainly claim to be more knowledgeable on the subject than I, so please prove it.

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Humans are designed for plant-based food consumption:

http://www.scribd.com/doc/94656/The-...tomy-of-Eating

In conclusion, we see that human beings have the gas- trointestinal tract structure of a "committed" herbivore. Humankind does not show the mixed structural features one expects and finds in anatomical omnivores such as bears and raccoons. Thus, from comparing the gastroin- testinal tract of humans to that of carnivores, herbivores and omnivores we must conclude that humankind's GI tract is designed for a purely plant-food diet.

gomestar

Super Yelper
Reaction score
or, alternatively, a fish bonds with the fisherman in that short but precious period between it being caught and on its way to the holding tank. It takes just that one glance and the fish knows "nah, brah. It's cool, you'll be good to me".

Same thing with clams, oysters, mussels, scallops, shrimp, lobsters, chickens, turkey, ducks, etc.

And this does not count as your proof
414_sleep_turkey.gif

Nosu3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by gomestar
Once again, support your argument, please. Any nugget of proof, I tried a google search but that didn't turn up anything. You certainly claim to be more knowledgeable on the subject than I, so please prove it.

Is this another "if it isn't proven, it can't be true" argument? Not everything has to be proven to be accepted as true. Are you saying only humans are capable of trust?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads