1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Death or This God-awful threak?

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by itsstillmatt, Jul 8, 2010.

1. gomestar

gomestar Senior member

stop all of this bullshit, nobody here besides KWilk clubs seals nor condones the activity. And nobody here actively supports the animal cruelty in the fur trade. And for your argument of necessity - the inits eat those out of necessity and have for thousands of years. Unless, of course, you have more of your weird proof that tomatoes grow in the arctic circle.

2. Nosu3

Nosu3 Senior member

stop all of this bullshit, nobody here besides KWilk clubs seals nor condones the activity. And nobody here actively supports the animal cruelty in the fur trade. And for your argument of necessity - the inits eat those out of necessity and have for thousands of years. Unless, of course, you have more of your weird proof that tomatoes grow in the arctic circle.

Not saying anyone supports it, just bringing light to the issues.

If it's out of necessity, it shouldn't be a problem. It's about the 150,000+ baby seals killed every year for fur that is the issue.

3. Superfluous Man

Superfluous Man Senior member

Can't tell if this is Peta2.com or Styleforum.

4. Mark from Plano

Mark from Plano Senior member

5. IUtoSLU

IUtoSLU Senior member

Not saying anyone supports it, just bringing light to the issues.

If it's out of necessity, it shouldn't be a problem. It's about the 150,000+ baby seals killed every year for fur that is the issue.

You buy and sell leather shoes. Cows are more like persons than baby seals, no? Hypocrite.

6. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

Not every animal in the animal kingdom is equivalent, or else humans and insects would be on the same level. What is "cute" by the way and what qualifies as cute? Rats are saved too
    And we're on a higher level than dolphins, therefore we can do with them as we please. Thank you for helping our case
    Important tip n00B, don't feed the trolls.
    ? He is the troll in this threak.
    Not saying anyone supports it, just bringing light to the issues. If it's out of necessity, it shouldn't be a problem. It's about the 150,000+ baby seals killed every year for fur that is the issue.
    Dumbfuck apeshit retard cocksucker.

7. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

changing font size and color is usually the first sign of the end.... just sayin'

8. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

You buy and sell leather shoes. Cows are more like persons than baby seals, no? Hypocrite.
    exactly

9. Nosu3

Nosu3 Senior member

Can't tell if this is Peta2.com or Styleforum.

Actually Peta2 is targeted toward a younger audience, it would be more like peta.org. I hear animal rights support is stylish, just like environmentalism.

I'm not claiming veganism. Though the leather industry has faults, it is not to the extent of the fur industry (which is why you see much more on fur than leather). There's no "more like persons". They can be more intelligent or aware, but I haven't found many studies on seal and cow cognitive abilities. If you could provide some, I'd be interested. It would be hypocritical if I were using fur, which I don't do.

10. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member Admin Moderator

BTW, personhood as a philosophical concept is most likely derived from personhood as a category in Roman law.

This thread is producing intellectual starvation. I am going to re-read Charlotte's Web.

+1. Oink. Why do I read these threads?

11. Fuuma

Fuuma Senior member

I'm ok with it.

12. bBoy JEe

bBoy JEe Senior member

Why the hell would you skin an animal alive? You get a much cleaner and less messy product after the animal is dead. Just try cutting the hair of someone wriggling in a chair to get an idea of how hard it is.

13. Nosu3

Nosu3 Senior member

BTW, personhood as a philosophical concept is most likely derived from personhood as a category in Roman law. This thread is producing intellectual starvation. I am going to re-read Charlotte's Web.
    I think we knew that already. The articles were not using personhood as a philosophical concept.
    When the scientists were saying the dolphins should be treated as people, it is because of their cultures, complex languages, social networking/structure, consciousness/intelligence, emotional intelligence, and high cognitive ability. Even though they evolved into such a different environment, their cognition has been evolving almost the same as humans. The dolphins are being compared to some of humans' latest ancestors who we might consider as people. Some theorize that dolphins may eventually reach a cognitive ability almost the same as current humans if their evolution isn't disrupted.

14. IUtoSLU

IUtoSLU Senior member

I have a public announcement concerning the cruel torture and murder of Cow-Persons for the unnecessary use of their skin!

When the milk production of cows on dairy farms decreases, the cows are killed and their skins are made into leather. The hides of their calves, who are frequently raised for veal, are made into high-priced calfskin. The economic success of slaughterhouses and dairy farms are directly linked to the sale of leather goods.

Most leather comes from developing countries like India, and China, where animals routinely have their throats slit and their skin ripped off while they are still conscious. In India, a PETA investigation found that cows have their tails broken and chili peppers and tobacco rubbed into their eyes in order to force them to walk after they collapse while traveling long distances to slaughter.

FYI:

All of the aforementioned info is taken from the EXACT same site that Nosu3 got his info on the Chinese fur trade using dogs/cats. Even the pictures he posted are from this same Peta site. Interestingly, he failed to report on the slaughter of cows for leather, because as a hypocrite he uses leather.

http://www.peta.org/feat-fatalfashion.asp

15. Nosu3

Nosu3 Senior member

FYI:

All of the aforementioned info is taken from the EXACT same site that Nosu3 got his info on the Chinese fur trade using dogs/cats. Even the pictures he posted are from this same Peta site. Interestingly, he failed to report on the slaughter of cows for leather, because as a hypocrite he uses leather.

http://www.peta.org/feat-fatalfashion.asp

I didn't get it from that website and I'm aware of the information you shared. The leather products I use are not sourced from India or China (the ones from there are mostly leather products that are mass produced in stores).

I didn't post anything against leather because it would be hypocritical to do that, it's still good to see you looking into the issues further though.

16. Piobaire

Piobaire Senior member

I didn't get it from that website and I'm aware of the information you shared. The leather products I use are not sourced from India or China (the ones from there are mostly leather products that are mass produced in stores).

Do you source your leather products from where the cows die of happy old age, surrounded by their cow people families and loved ones, in a barn floored with the most fragrant hay and straw, with happy cow people songs playing...or do you source where they slaughter cows when the economic gain is to be had from ripping their skins off?

17. j

j Senior member Admin

I didn't post anything against leather because it would be hypocritical to do that, it's still good to see you looking into the issues further though.

Okay, enough. Stop posting stuff about fur, animal abuse, dolphins etc. or I will timeout and/or ban you. This is in the same category as Conne with the IRA, amerikaninja posting about girls, etc. Only warning.

18. acidboy

acidboy Senior member

uhm... can we bait him? [​IMG]

19. ama

ama Senior member

Live bait is inhumane. For shame.

20. Rambo

Rambo Senior member

Fuck the seals. Fuckin up my Easter holiday.