• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Have you ever been to Russia?

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Sort of.

marchal.gif

I would love to visit the Kola or Kamchatka penninsulas for a fishing trip. Also, the idea of crossing the counrty on the Trans Siberain RR is very appealing...

aj_del

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's a good itinerary to see Russia as a tourist if one has between 10-14 days. Also are there any reasonably priced hotels in St Petersburg and Moscow (around 175-225 USD a night). Most seem to be upwards of 500 USD. The city appears to be more expensive than Paris, at least hotel rates wise.

Sherlock

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del
What's a good itinerary to see Russia as a tourist if one has between 10-14 days. Also are there any reasonably priced hotels in St Petersburg and Moscow (around 175-225 USD a night). Most seem to be upwards of 500 USD. The city appears to be more expensive than Paris, at least hotel rates wise.
Solution: Don't go to those 2 cities. There are many other cities in Russia to stay at that are much cheaper. But even for Moscow I find it impossible to believe that there are no hotels cheaper than $500 per night, unless you are only considering 5 star hotels.

zeroconspiracy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wetnose
No, but I'd love to go so I can meet your chess grandmaster
Meeting Kasparov would be bad ass. But seriously, when in mother russia i would rather meet Fedorov. Saw that guy flying down the ice with Ovechkin from the front row in Vancouver. What a savage...

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've been to Moscow for about a day and St. Petersburg. This was a cruise stop.

Wodin

Reaction score
Someday I would love to go and visit someday. I'd love to visit the monument outside Volgograd, see the remnants from the gulag in Siberia, visit the Hermitage, admire the Lubyanka from a far, far, distance, and take in a nice sauna followed by a roll in the snow!

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've never been, but have thought of going there to meet a woman who seems to have nice knees. I've been meaning to show off my new white cuirass I picked up recently. The SA told me it was designed for whisking away.

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
1) Are the wimminz really as hot as they say?

2) Is the food really as bad as they say?

3) Do they really drink as much vodka as people say?

spb_lady

Reaction score
Originally Posted by dtmt
1) Are the wimminz really as hot as they say?

2) Is the food really as bad as they say?

3) Do they really drink as much vodka as people say?

1) I think they say so cause of the style women here prefer for dressing - high heels, dresses, make-up and so on )

2) No, you just need to know the right place to go
wink.gif

3) No, russians drink vodka not more then all the other people of the world
smile.gif

spb_lady

Reaction score
Originally Posted by aj_del

Wow. I didn't even know our hotels are that expencive!
eh.gif
But i'm sure that if you won't focus on the most famous hotels, you can easily find a good place for staying beyond 250$ per night.

As for me, i don't like hotels that much at all, so every time i travel, i stay in the apartments. The best way to feel the city is to live there like locals do
wink.gif
Here in Saint-Petersburg a friend of mine owns two very stylish flats that he rents for the foreigners. A lot of very artistic people stay there.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
I should do Russia. I have a pretty good friend who just moved back to Moscow. Never been to Eastern Europe....can't see myself getting the time off before like February though (lunar new year) and I would have to be insane to go to Russia in Feb.

spb_lady

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
I would have to be insane to go to Russia in Feb.

I noticed that i start being depressed every February here... though my birthday is in February, i absolutely can't stand this darkness all days long. So this year i plan to spend February somewhere far from Russia... may be in India or Bali
blush.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 95 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.2%

Forum statistics

Threads