• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Who Says Drape Can't Equal Shape?

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
He has never explicitly revealed why his experience was so disillusioning, but he has frequently alluded to Mariano's smile, the fanciness of the Rubinacci shops, the presence at the Carlyle, Arab oil money, and Persian carpet dealers.

You forgot machine-rolled edges on their silk squares in that list.

- B

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
he has frequently alluded to Mariano's smile, the fanciness of the Rubinacci shops, the presence at the Carlyle, Arab oil money, and Persian carpet dealers. I'm not sure what the connection is between those things, but I think the point is that he believes it's self-explanatory.

Interesting - thank you. On the +ve side, this must mean that his anger has deflected away from Edward Green (his old enemy).

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria

How can you tell? Perhaps I'm too low class to know the difference
frown.gif

Originally Posted by Eustace Tilley
Interesting - thank you. On the +ve side, this must mean that his anger has deflected away from Edward Green (his old enemy).

I didn't know he had an issue with EG before.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score

Do you have any thoughts on how we might harness the powerful force of anger to protect the West or maybe clean up the Gulf?

Would an actual harness be involved, perhaps?

You are a smart guy. How do we do it?

- B

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score

Hated EG if I recall correctly - for some inane reason too (their shoes didn't fit his feet well, so they were shoddy and Hillary was a crook).

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Do you have any thoughts on how we might harness the powerful force of anger to protect the West or maybe clean up the Gulf?

Would an actual harness be involved, perhaps?

You are a smart guy. How do we do it?

- B

It involves mirrors. That's all I can say for now.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

And the watches and perfumes/colognes.

--Andre

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Here is a sample from the LL
poorly performing manufacturer
by tteplitzmd » Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:52 pm

I spent months trying to get the courtesy of a response from Hilary et al. Often the emails bounce back, and when they are received they don't reply. Similarly, no response from fax letters. Finally, the dog ate my homework excuses: travelling, out of the office, etc.

Business should be conducted in a business like manner, especially at the luxe end (one of Teplitz's rules). This business fails. There is a subtle sleight of hand with this company: ambiguity about the disposition of returned goods, surcharges for "fitting" which is an oxymoron with ready to wear (which is what it is), using the Retailer as a linebacker, to obfuscate resolution of problems, slow or non existant response time, etc.

They have a nice product line, but clearly are pushing the limits with their pricing and customer service (I think they don't feel a need to provide it since they're not really "retailers" at least in the States).

My interaction with Ms. Freeman and her charges has been uniformly unpleasant, actually bizarre in some ways. In Washington, they have a guy tag along to make conversation with new prospects, and they have the traditional shoe shine guy in an apron, whose function has never been clear to me. This combined with furtive whisperings about pricing (they don't quite reveal it and glance at the hapless retailer).

It is my hope that Capitalism while triumph, and we live to see the day when G&G crushes this moribund Compnay.
Search and you'll find more.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Y
And the watches and perfumes/colognes.

--Andre

I have a pair of their cufflinks.

I didn't want them, but their massive advertizing budget swayed me.

- B

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
People who get banned always leave the most awesome legends behind them.

George

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz..........................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Usul

Reaction score
Is this the thread where I accuse my tailor of draping me during a fitting?

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Usul
Is this the thread where I accuse my tailor of draping me during a fitting?

Reminds me of the Friends episode re: Joey and his tailor.

bengal-stripe: Thanks for the link.

Eustace Tilley

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bull
People who get banned always leave the most awesome legends behind them.

End goal, Bull?

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
End goal, Bull?

If I get banned for being witty and entertaining with a penchant for occasionally posting a hot piece of tail on page 17 of a thread that has been beat to death to the point where it started with a discussion of hand-stiched buttonholes on surgeon's cuffs and ended with a discussion of class warfare in the 18th century in Portugal, then did I really belong here anyway(?) Probably not.

That being said, I've never been banned before from any forum, so it might be kind of cool. Who does the banning, though? AA has the swaggering, cowboy-like Alex Kabbaz, who posts 853x per day whilst supposedly stitching the greatest shirts in the history of haberdashery, summarily banning anyone with the bad sense to bump a dead thread or, more importantly, talk sideways about a preferred vendor, especially a certain vendor who makes the greatest shirts in the history of haberdashery and sells an extensive collection of Zimmerelli socks and hosiery. Do we have anything like that around here? Haven't seen it, but - then again - I'm a relative nooob.

Cheerio.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads