• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
All of my fits that include a dress shirt that's not a button-down are mtm. You can order one shirt and then adjust measurements a bit.

It's not perfect but if you are to stick with that price range it should be much better than brooks. MOP buttons are a nice plus too. If you want to try it I can give you some tips that'll help make the fit better.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kelvinsense
jantzen will be way better than those for $50 a pop.
+1 on MTM Just go a bit more for TOJ and jock kelvin

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've sold about 25 items on here to others (mostly noobs) and had zero problems. The people here seem pretty honest.

Nicelynice, looks like you're having to put out a lot effort just to find enough decent outfits for your new job. I don't envy you man-- I'd go crazy trying to figure that all out in such short order!

driveslowk

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
btw I hate that damn Brooks Brothers downtown. They treat everyone like idiots and are always in a sour mood. They get feverish if you want to disassemble one of their shirts to try it on. It is really the only store in the city like that.

The SA's at BB near me are so nice. They call me "Thom Browne" and will take the shirts apart themselves and put it on for me when I try it on.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Razele
+1 on MTM Just go a bit more for TOJ and jock kelvin
Nicely I can give you some advice about MTM if you want PM me bro montana

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
I wish they had a better selection of these. There just aren't many styles available.
The downtown BB has the worst selection ever. Only reason I'd go there would be for shoes, anything else they stock can be had at the outlet for far less.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
Where can I buy dress shirts? Like slim ones? For cheap? And in bulk??

Got these Brooks Brothers slim fit non-irons at $50 a pop, they look ridiculous with Jil Sander pants

But at least decent under a suit

Aren't you spending some time in Seoul? MTM here costs about that and after doing a couple you should get exactly what you want with the collar you want and MOP buttons.

Your other option is just take those BB to a tailor and put darts in the back. Or any cheap white shirt, as long as the shoulders and chest mostly fit you can make it into anything you want.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the advice, yeah, I'm def. gonna get MTM once I hit Seoul, just want to have something I can wear upon arrival. I'd do online MTM, but I don't have the time it would take for turn-around since I leave in a couple weeks. I actually went to the Brooks Brothers in the Bravern in Bellevue, dude was nice. Took my measurements (honestly didn't even know my dress shirt size), disassembled a shirt for me, and gave me a selection of jackets to try over it.
Originally Posted by BB1
Nicelynice, looks like you're having to put out a lot effort just to find enough decent outfits for your new job. I don't envy you man-- I'd go crazy trying to figure that all out in such short order!
It's crazyy, just want stuff that I'm comfortable and feel good in, it's not a style of clothing that I'm used to. Now that I have the staples down, I can gradually evolve my "work" wardrobe like I did with my casual one. It's just not as easy as AA, APC, Common Projects on this end..

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bows1
Holy **** just passed a drunk test after 7 Whiskeys. Thank god I just got a speeding ticket. No more driving for me after a night out

Good job! Your next task is to challenge the speeding ticket in court and win. (pm me if you want tips on how to succeed at that).

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^agree, I'm baffled by this. Why anyone would drive after drinking a lot of booze is just beyond me.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
Some people are just assholes. Only if there is absolutely no other choice would I ever not pass judgement on myself or my friends for doing it.

P.S. Angry Transvestite ahahaha

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Holy Jesus, this Balmain is >$53k
35402_437371188689_214637738689_5726995_7763253_n.jpg

XenoX101

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bespoke? Obviously isn't worth it otherwise and even then its a stretch. But I do think it looks pretty awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads