• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

rick

Reaction score
rebel i am a 10.5 or 11 in alden now send them all back and get my size. lol

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
new Tankers - 379X Last. ahem "seconds"

LastRoll-1.jpg

LastRoll-3.jpg

LastRoll-4.jpg

LastRoll-5.jpg

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Those are super nice.

I actually like the handsewn stitching much better on these NST's than I do on their shell indy boots. Looks more balanced. On their indys, I prefer the traditional stitching.

MiniW

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
these are true to size. I got them in a 8D which fits me well, I prefer a 7.5D in the Barrie and 8D in most other Alden lasts. I also have to agree that the handsewn stitching on the newer Indys are off. I've seen a few in person and a lot of times the stitching is askew or too squared off compared to the last of the shoe. I personally prefer the machine stitching myself for Indys.

mcarthur

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rebel222
I figure this is a good place to post this. I am getting 15 or so shell cordovan Aldens in sizes 11.5 & 12. I have Whiskey, Cigar, Ravello, #8 and Black. They are all brand new. I have various models. They would be ~70-80% of retail (20-30% off). PM me if there is anything in particular that you are looking for. They are all loafers or lace-ups, no boots. There are a few more that are not in this picture.

Teaser pic:

rot-0611shoelot-4.jpg

you have hit the mother lode. go luck on the sales

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I was looking at those too but wear a 10.5D in Barrie... 11E was just too big. You got them for a steal though, congrats!

slappy

Reaction score
So after talking with Alden they want to only deal with brick and mortar stores now. Actually Im glad I called them, they are pretty cool people. They explained to me why they are saying no and it sounded like in the past they might have said yes. They said their online presence is getting too strong as it is so I guess they are worried about overexposure on the internet and cheapening their presence like (Allen Edmonds presumably).

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Makes sense. I bet things have really changed in recent years for Alden with their growing popularity.

A call out to anyone with stock 403's to post some wear pics. I'm really just curious how the neoprene sole breaks in after wear. I incline towards the commando on the ultimates, but maybe maybe the neoprene looks better when it's beat and battered. Anyone?

Incidentally, would a neoprene sole take the commando, or is that trouble?

Akeem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I stopped by the Alden NYC store last week. They had some whiskey longwings in smaller sizes, but in E widths if anyone is looking. Tried on a 7.5E myself, but I resisted the temptation. Maybe next year.

Is whiskey shell really that rare? The store had so many models in whiskey and theshoemart also has many pairs available.

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Whiskey seems to go through phases of rarity. Sometimes it's very difficult to find, other times it seems to be readily available online in lots of stores. Online, they tend to sell out fast.

It's generally hard to find whiskey in a model / size you want, at the exact time that you want it. Usually requires some research and patience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads