• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Folded Up Shirt Appreciation

banis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Miguel Alvarez
Yes .
Yes they do.

Moscow has a couple of stores that carries Finamore. Maybe it's easier to get them in Moscow other than going to Napoli.
Andrea travels to Moscow once in a while. You could send him an email for the dates he'll be visiting.

Thanks!
I know that Andrea visits Moscow from time to time. I've spoken with him last time he was in Moscow. I should probably have somewhere his business card.

Reason I do not want to order locally in Moscow is that it is overpriced. MTM for dress shirts starts at somewhere 350 Euro, which is too much... What are current prices for MTM in Naples - from 200 Euro?

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes . Yes they do. Moscow has a couple of stores that carries Finamore. Maybe it's easier to get them in Moscow other than going to Napoli. Andrea travels to Moscow once in a while. You could send him an email for the dates he'll be visiting. I'd want to give you the specs, but I don't think I can give the accurate measurement for the angle in which the collar is cut. If anyone could tell me how to measure this I'd be happy to give you the specs. For now all I can give you is the collar height (4,5 cm), collar points (9 cm) and the spread between collar points (16 cm).
I am in deep love with the old ( no more in production ) wide spread alex collar, what looks wider than yours and do an impressive roll. But points are also 9 cm. I wonder where is the technical difference. Look here Uploaded with ImageShack.us http://www.styleforum.net/showthread...he#post2589085
Originally Posted by banis
Thanks! I know that Andrea visits Moscow from time to time. I've spoken with him last time he was in Moscow. I should probably have somewhere his business card. Reason I do not want to order locally in Moscow is that it is overpriced. MTM for dress shirts starts at somewhere 350 Euro, which is too much... What are current prices for MTM in Naples - from 200 Euro?
Around 190, but I doubt he sends them to moscow if he has a own store there.. He would selfdestroy then, right? Let me know if he does.

vincerich

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tomasso
Here's a stack that just happened to be on my hard drive.

Shoes001-1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

banis

Reaction score
Originally Posted by SpallaCamiccia
Around 190, but I doubt he sends them to moscow if he has a own store there.. He would selfdestroy then, right?

Let me know if he does.

I don't think that he will be selfdestroying. Moscow is not owned by Finamore itself.
Will either drop e-mail to Andrea or will see him when he visits Moscow next time.

andreyb2

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Panzeraxe II
Like the Lachter shirt. Is he still housed within Norton & Sons?

Yes. He works both as Norton's resident shirtmaker and separately, on his own.

The label reads "16, Savile Row" -- this is his address.

Andrey

TheTukker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'd want to give you the specs, but I don't think I can give the accurate measurement for the angle in which the collar is cut.
If anyone could tell me how to measure this I'd be happy to give you the specs.
For now all I can give you is the collar height (4,5 cm), collar points (9 cm) and the
spread between collar points (16 cm).

Many thanks Miguel - much appreciated! I will x-post in the other thread for you.

SpallaCamiccia

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nice Finamores .

I´m stuck in my thoughts about why he refused?

Also would like to know the difference between both collars. Eduardo and Alex

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Do you guys spend a lot of time straightening out the shirts before photographing them? Because whenever I get a folded up shirt in the mail, it definitely isn't that perfect.

Miguel Alvarez

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
Do you guys spend a lot of time straightening out the shirts before photographing them? Because whenever I get a folded up shirt in the mail, it definitely isn't that perfect.

I spent zero time in straightening out shirts. They look like this coming out of the box. The shirt itself is clipped and folded on some piece of cardboard.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads