• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent Sartorialist Looks

Exit English

Reaction score
10510GPsuspenders7800Web.jpg
Im totally into this look, although Im sure a lot of you will have something to say about it.

Bull

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is Gianpaolo of Al Bazar. He is Lino's partner.

In my mind, at all times, these guys look outrageously sexy, and I'm a happily straight, married man with kids.

But the bottom line is, these guys do it and they do it really, really f*cking well.

To be able to be in your 40s/50s and look like you're having this much fun with your clothing (and that clothing is suiting, for God's sake!) is unreal.

It doesn't matter that Al Bazar isn't "true Milan style." It doesn't have to be, because this is simply "true style."

Btw, let me pre-empt the talk of suspenders/braces with belt loops.

Yes, he's doing it.

Yes, to the clothing nerd community, it's a faux pas.

But to the entire rest of the world, nobody cares.

Put plainly, this is why Schuman is the f*cking man and this is why Al Bazar is the f*cking store. If any of us look this sexy in our old age, we'll have our daughters' friends all over us.

We'll be beating them away with sticks, of course, but they'll be after us. And that's the bottom line!

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bull

The reality is, Lino looks like an overbaked, overstuffed sausage 99% of the time. His jackets and pants are too tight, he wears huge knots with his spread collar shirts and then there is the unbuckled monks nonsense. I don't want to dress like him now nor when I am older.

Imperator

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bull

In my mind, at all times, these guys look outrageously sexy, and I'm a happily straight, married man with kids.

But the bottom line is, these guys do it and they do it really, really f*cking well.

To be able to be in your 40s/50s and look like you're having this much fun with your clothing (and that clothing is suiting, for God's sake!) is unreal.

It doesn't matter that Al Bazar isn't "true Milan style." It doesn't have to be, because this is simply "true style."

Btw, let me pre-empt the talk of suspenders/braces with belt loops.

Yes, he's doing it.

Yes, to the clothing nerd community, it's a faux pas.

But to the entire rest of the world, nobody cares.

Put plainly, this is why Schuman is the f*cking man and this is why Al Bazar is the f*cking store. If any of us look this sexy in our old age, we'll have our daughters' friends all over us.

We'll be beating them away with sticks, of course, but they'll be after us. And that's the bottom line!

facepalm.gif

Exit English

Reaction score
Originally Posted by comrade
The tattoo says "hello sailor"

Not really dude. Not many sailors with japanese dragons on their arms. It wouldnt be very common to find sailors with tattoos like that. The positioning sure, but not the actual piece.

comrade

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Exit English
Not really dude. Not many sailors with japanese dragons on their arms. It wouldnt be very common to find sailors with tattoos like that. The positioning sure, but not the actual piece.

I stand corrected. Thank you for sharing your extensive experience.

Exit English

Reaction score
Originally Posted by comrade
I stand corrected. Thank you for sharing your extensive experience.

Considering I have my whole chest and right arm done, 2/3 of my left arm, my feet, and one on my leg you would think I may know a thing or two about tattoos and their origins. Maybe not though.

barims

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
The reality is, Lino looks like an overbaked, overstuffed sausage 99% of the time. His jackets and pants are too tight, he wears huge knots with his spread collar shirts and then there is the unbuckled monks nonsense. I don't want to dress like him now nor when I am older.

I do think he has good colour sense

foulard

Reaction score

Im totally into this look, although Im sure a lot of you will have something to say about it.

He looks cool but I still think that belt loops with bracers looks stupid and the watch is a let down. Also the hair ... its not quite there. Overal though he's pretty electric.

Sander

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel

+ a thousand effin billions.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Not the look, but oh man, can humans give up the tatting? Its embarrassing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 99 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.0%

Forum statistics

Threads