• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

1 meat for the rest of your life

Milpool

Reaction score
I get so bored with chicken. It has very little flavor on its own, such that I could really make the food without the chicken and probably not notice.

Beef is good, lots of possibilities with the large organs (tongue, kidneys, liver, etc). Since veal is cow, I'd include it in this group, which makes it a pretty attractive group.

Pork is amazing. . . bacon, ham and pork chops all come from pigs, plus a bunch of other good stuff. I'd probably lean pretty strongly this direction, except hogs produced in the US aren't that good. They are getting them too lean and dry.

I like lamb/mutton a lot, I like goat a lot, and I like duck a lot. I'd certainly choose duck before I chose chicken. I may choose lamb overall because it has a lot of flavor, but knowing myself, I'd still get bored.

If "seafood" is an option I'd choose that without hesitation. I can eat fish/shellfish every day, 3 times a day and not get sick of it. If I had to choose a particular species, then it gets tougher.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I would never pick chicken, but you guys must buy some pretty bad chickens if you think they have very little taste.

Milpool

Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt
I would never pick chicken, but you guys must buy some pretty bad chickens if you think they have very little taste.

If you notice, I like pretty strongly flavored meats: lamb, duck, and also game meats like venison. Chicken is quite tasteless in comparison.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by iammatt

I think they have good taste. They are just boring. And they aren't versatile, unless you take "tastes like whatever you cook it with" to mean versatile. In that sense, of course they're versatile. But in the sense that different parts taste vastly different, not so much.
I mean if you include gizzards, liver, feet, and other chicken offal, then it gets more interesting to some extent, but nowhere near other proteins.

Although if every chicken tasted like that Ferry Market chicken....

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
My first reaction was chicken, but that was because it's healthier. Assuming I can only have one from now on, I'll be eating less meat anyway, so I might as well choose the best tasting. I say beef.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Chicken is a pretty lame choice, the fact it is winning is bizarre. For me this was a no brainer, pork. Bacon, sausage, tenderloin, smoked ham... and dozens of preparations and other varieties. You can use it in pasta, soup, on its own, on sandwiches, on pizza, etc. etc. etc.

I can understand the beef voters, because great beef can top almost everything, but given one choice pork is just amazing.

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pork is more versatile than raw denimz.

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm still struggling between Pork and Beef.

Yea you're a ***** if you choose chicken.

I decided it wouldn't be fair for seafood because you have way too much variety. Same with fish.

But I do love me some sushi.

itsstillmatt

The Liberator
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
Although if every chicken tasted like that Ferry Market chicken....

Well, all of my chickens do. They just started a CSA where you get the chickens a little cheaper and they come with head and feet attached. You also get to buy their eggs. I'm thinking about it since the only commitment is a $100 deposit the first time, and you get delivery once a week. Who knows, but I like the idea of getting the whole bird.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think if I had to eat beef or pork everyday for the rest of my life, I would rather be a vegetarian.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
gosh, pork no doubt about it! not only are their much much more you could do with almost all of the parts, but there are as much ways to prepare pork that you won't get sick of it after a week of eating it.

ChicagoRon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Of course you could be a vegetarian 5 days a week and eat meat 2... so you don't get sick of the meat. There is lots of variety in the vegetable world.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Pork. No other meat has the versatility of the wonderful pig.

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely beef. Chicken is boring and other than bacon I never really get a craving for pork. Beef just way more things that would drive me insane if I could never eat again: wagyu, cheeseburgers, korean galbi/bulbogi, chicago hot dogs, italian beef sandwiches...

Tokyo Slim

In Time Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
The state of this poll is almost exactly inverse to how it should be.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads