• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I just unfriended 12 people on Facebook

dtmt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Threak
I just drag them over to a limited-access friend category.
this
Originally Posted by Asch
I don't understand the friend-deletion compulsion. I've found superficial "contacts" on Facebook to be useful, professionally, on multiple occasions. You never know when an old connection could help you secure a new opportunity.
and this

MsMcGillicuddy

Reaction score
I deleted my Facebook account yesterday. Alas it doesn't become permanent for two weeks, but before I deleted it I deleted all friends, removed / untagged myself in all photos and changed the profile pic to something that isn't me. I'd found pretty much everyone I'd lost track of, and now that I have their actual contact information, I figure I can stay in touch that way.

It was odd not checking it today, but I imagine it'll be like the end of a TV show I really like ... I'll miss it for awhile and then I'll move on to something else.

fir3fox

Reaction score
Originally Posted by MsMcGillicuddy
I deleted my Facebook account yesterday.

Coincidentally so did I.

I had so much fun catching up w/ some old friends and some new ones I met on the net, but then I started getting invites from distant family members and finally my aunt and my mom both sent me a friend request.

Total buzz kill. So I nuked my account.

Superfluous Man

Reaction score
I started deleting people who make a ton of wall posts about politics. I have to hear enough of that **** at work or when I turn on the TV, I definitely don't want to read about it when I log on to FB.

I'm also thinking of deleting people who post on their wall multiple times daily. They say the most ridiculous things like "going to the store" or "just got off work". Twitter and Facebook don't look/sound anything alike so I'm not sure how people manage to confuse the two, but they do.

Nil

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I recently denied the friendship request of my father and aunt.

Szeph el raton

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Periodically deleting people is half the fun. Usually people from elementary school try to add me and after a while of 'being friends' I realize why there was absolutely no contact after school. Most people incl. business contacts go to the list that can't see any wall posts or vacation pictures anyway. I can't imagine how some people actually manage to keep up a reputation with people on FB who didn't already know how they behave in private.

But deleting 100 friends? That would put me at -6. Looks like I'm a lot more selective than most.

Wallcloud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Deleted about 55 people yesterday, thanks for the inspiration OP!

johnH123

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I delete people who constantly post annoying status updates like;

"Spending the day with my baby...xoxoxoxox" followed 2min later by "love my boyfriend so much he is awesome xoxox" followed 2 hours later by "why dont you just mind your own business or else ill kick your ass" followed by "she better leave her hands off my man what a ***** i hate you" etc etc etc.

And farmville. Anyone who plays farmville enough that it spams my entire newsfeed gets the boot.

Asch

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Move your cursor over offending status updates and other news-feed items. A little "Hide" button will show up on the right. Click this and you'll have the option of never seeing an update from the friend again, without defriending him.

red120

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Asch
I don't understand the friend-deletion compulsion. I've found superficial "contacts" on Facebook to be useful, professionally, on multiple occasions. You never know when an old connection could help you secure a new opportunity.
^ Agree.

The best solution is just to have multiple access groups.. acquaintances don't need to see pics from nights of drunken debauchery.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
My girlfriend's stepmother's cousin just added me on facebook.
ffffuuuu.gif

***** I've never even met you. I didn't even know your name until I asked my gf WTF you were. No I'm not adding you.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
This whole thread was just a clever diversion so that Kyle wouldn't notice when I actually did de-friend him just a day later. Mission accomplished.

Siggy

Reaction score
Does Facebook somehow notify the unfriended people that they've been unfriended?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads