• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by demonito
you cannot afford one because all you do is make yourself good you and i know that if you really can afford one buy a pair of 2 right now and show us

fuckyou,
ed

and yeah stop looking for some custom aldens in a different leather and sole and this and that just cop a pair if you really can afford it .. can you?

fuckyou,
ed

Why do you even care? You do not have to own something on Style forum to admire it or comment on it. If that were the case many threads would be barren. Take this elsewhere.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dexter_
Took a quick snap of what arrived yesterday:
I love these! I love the color, style and most of all love that there are no speed hooks! I am on the fence on ordering these. Unfortunately I have a pair of shell #8 cap toe boots which fill this need.

sellran

Reaction score
i can bring it anywhere i want buddy and the **** you care

You can bring it anywhere (unfortunately). Just don't bring it here. Grow up.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i can bring it anywhere i want buddy and the **** you care
You mean you can bring it anywhere you want on the Internet. If you could bring it anywhere you really wanted you would not have to resort to pathetic internet postings. Pencilneck.

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ok sir watever you say so lemme see your alden collection please?

facepalm.gif

Easy, little demon.

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would like to see Alden battles, in the manner of Pokemon, to settle these bickerings.

"#8 NST, go! . . . use . . . Granny Knot!"

"It's Super Effective! Tobacco Suede Chukka Boot fainted!"

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by makewayhomer
nice boots Ahab. do you like eyelets vs speedhooks?
I could not answer this earlier but I am loving the eyelets vs the speed hooks. I am not sure I would if they were hidden eyelets but these are really nice and actually easier to use and on the laces than the hooks.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ok sir watever you say so lemme see your alden collection please?
I have many posted in this thread. But out of vanity I will repost some for you.

Snuff suede, plantation crepe soles.

snuffsuedeboots.jpg

snuffsuedeboots2.jpg

snuffsuedeboots3.jpg

snuffsuedeboots4.jpg

snuffsuedeboots5.jpg

Alden Brown Scotch Grain Calfskin Wing Tips w/Crepe Sole on the Grant Last from Leather Soul.

22810c.jpg

22810b.jpg

22810a.jpg

22810d.jpg

Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe Boot from Leather Soul.

22810g.jpg

22810f.jpg

22810e.jpg

Alden Men's Wing Tip Bal Oxford Calfskin in Burgandy. Plaza Last.

30110g.jpg

Brand new Cigar side bye side with brand new Ravello.

cigarnravello2.jpg

cigarnravello1.jpg

cigarlongwing2.jpg

cigarlongwing1.jpg

ravellolongwing1.jpg

Alden White Suede Saddle shoes:

whitesaddle4.jpg

whitesaddle3.jpg

whitesaddle2.jpg

whitesaddle1.jpg

whitesaddle5.jpg

Alden Cap Toe Boots, Shell #8 Modified last. It looks like single leather sole.

aldencaptoebootno8shell.jpg

Alden Cigar Shell Plain Toe Bluchers, Barrie Last:

22710d.jpg

22710a.jpg

Alden Longwings Dark brown calf from Leather Soul and the same exact model in Cigar from Alden of Carmel.

77555983.jpg

24773737.jpg

27938860.jpg

11680697.jpg

27089228.jpg

I have more but laziness trumps vanity. You can look for the rest but I have some I have not taken pictures of yet as well.

Not as nice as gnatty8 and embarrassingly small time compared to michaelw but I hope it allows me to play. Can you post pics of yours?

crosswound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ahab nice!!! the dark brown longwings from leathersoul look good so don't your other shoes though.

Joenobody0

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Ahab
Not as nice as gnatty8 and embarrassingly small time compared to michaelw but I hope it allows me to play. Can you post pics of yours?

fight[1].gif

Your modesty is unnecessary. Your collection is very very nice. Here I was thinking I was a big timer with my 6-10 pair of shell Aldens and you come along with this...

What size shoe do you wear if you don't mind my asking? Your Barrie lasted longwings look rather nice. I think the Barrie last looks unflattering in my size 7D examples, but yours seem not to suffer similarly.

Ahab

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by crosswound
ahab nice!!! the dark brown longwings from leathersoul look good so don't your other shoes though.
Yeah, those calf longwings are a win and I hope that putting them next to the cigar shows people that shell is not always a better choice. Thank you. Thanks Tom for putting them out!
Originally Posted by Joenobody0
fight[1].gif

Your modesty is unnecessary. Your collection is very very nice. Here I was thinking I was a big timer with my 6-10 pair of shell Aldens and you come along with this...

What size shoe do you wear if you don't mind my asking? Your Barrie lasted longwings look rather nice. I think the Barrie last looks unflattering in my size 7D examples, but yours seem not to suffer similarly.

Thanks you.
blush.gif
I wear a 10D in Barrie last. I have wondered if certain styles look better in certain sizes. I think the problem with the Barrie is that it is so wide and bulky that if the shoe gets too small it may start to look more rounded like a hoof than a foot? But the only real test is how they look while you are wearing them with pants. You should get a couple of fit pictures and look at them. That way you will see them the way other people see them.
smile.gif

gilbertkeith

Reaction score
Quick question: If I take a size 7 for Clarks Desert boots, what should I go for with Alden sizing? I ask because there's no place in Montreal I know that sells them, so I am forced to go online.

Help this Alden n00b, who very much desires to be initiated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 94 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 91 36.5%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Forum statistics

Threads