Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

***The official Alden thread *** Share enthusiasm, reviews, sizing, advice, and photos.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Nov 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

you cannot afford one because all you do is make yourself good you and i know that if you really can afford one buy a pair of 2 right now and show us

fuckyou,
    ed

and yeah stop looking for some custom aldens in a different leather and sole and this and that just cop a pair if you really can afford it .. can you?

fuckyou,
    ed

Why do you even care? You do not have to own something on Style forum to admire it or comment on it. If that were the case many threads would be barren. Take this elsewhere.

2. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

Took a quick snap of what arrived yesterday:
    I love these! I love the color, style and most of all love that there are no speed hooks! I am on the fence on ordering these. Unfortunately I have a pair of shell #8 cap toe boots which fill this need.

3. demonito

demonito Member

i can bring it anywhere i want buddy and the fuck you care

4. sellran

sellran Senior member

You can bring it anywhere (unfortunately). Just don't bring it here. Grow up.

5. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

You mean you can bring it anywhere you want on the Internet. If you could bring it anywhere you really wanted you would not have to resort to pathetic internet postings. Pencilneck.

6. demonito

demonito Member

ok sir watever you say so lemme see your alden collection please?

7. Trapp

Trapp Senior member

[​IMG]

Easy, little demon.

8. Dewey

Dewey Senior member

I would like to see Alden battles, in the manner of Pokemon, to settle these bickerings.

"#8 NST, go! . . . use . . . Granny Knot!"

"It's Super Effective! Tobacco Suede Chukka Boot fainted!"

9. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

nice boots Ahab. do you like eyelets vs speedhooks?
    I could not answer this earlier but I am loving the eyelets vs the speed hooks. I am not sure I would if they were hidden eyelets but these are really nice and actually easier to use and on the laces than the hooks.

10. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

I have many posted in this thread. But out of vanity I will repost some for you.

Snuff suede, plantation crepe soles.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Alden Brown Scotch Grain Calfskin Wing Tips w/Crepe Sole on the Grant Last from Leather Soul.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Black Shell Cordovan Plain Toe Boot from Leather Soul.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Alden Men's Wing Tip Bal Oxford Calfskin in Burgandy. Plaza Last.

[​IMG]

Brand new Cigar side bye side with brand new Ravello.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Alden White Suede Saddle shoes:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Alden Cap Toe Boots, Shell #8 Modified last. It looks like single leather sole.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Alden Cigar Shell Plain Toe Bluchers, Barrie Last:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Alden Longwings Dark brown calf from Leather Soul and the same exact model in Cigar from Alden of Carmel.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have more but laziness trumps vanity. You can look for the rest but I have some I have not taken pictures of yet as well.

Not as nice as gnatty8 and embarrassingly small time compared to michaelw but I hope it allows me to play. Can you post pics of yours?

11. crosswound

crosswound Senior member

ahab nice!!! the dark brown longwings from leathersoul look good so don't your other shoes though.

12. Joenobody0

Joenobody0 Senior member

Not as nice as gnatty8 and embarrassingly small time compared to michaelw but I hope it allows me to play. Can you post pics of yours?

[​IMG]

Your modesty is unnecessary. Your collection is very very nice. Here I was thinking I was a big timer with my 6-10 pair of shell Aldens and you come along with this...

What size shoe do you wear if you don't mind my asking? Your Barrie lasted longwings look rather nice. I think the Barrie last looks unflattering in my size 7D examples, but yours seem not to suffer similarly.

13. Ahab

Ahab Senior member

ahab nice!!! the dark brown longwings from leathersoul look good so don't your other shoes though.
    Yeah, those calf longwings are a win and I hope that putting them next to the cigar shows people that shell is not always a better choice. Thank you. Thanks Tom for putting them out!
    [​IMG]

Your modesty is unnecessary. Your collection is very very nice. Here I was thinking I was a big timer with my 6-10 pair of shell Aldens and you come along with this...

What size shoe do you wear if you don't mind my asking? Your Barrie lasted longwings look rather nice. I think the Barrie last looks unflattering in my size 7D examples, but yours seem not to suffer similarly.

Thanks you. [​IMG] I wear a 10D in Barrie last. I have wondered if certain styles look better in certain sizes. I think the problem with the Barrie is that it is so wide and bulky that if the shoe gets too small it may start to look more rounded like a hoof than a foot? But the only real test is how they look while you are wearing them with pants. You should get a couple of fit pictures and look at them. That way you will see them the way other people see them. [​IMG]

14. gilbertkeith

gilbertkeith Active Member

Quick question: If I take a size 7 for Clarks Desert boots, what should I go for with Alden sizing? I ask because there's no place in Montreal I know that sells them, so I am forced to go online.

Help this Alden n00b, who very much desires to be initiated!

15. srivats

srivats Senior member

Excellent collection, Ahab! Thanks for sharing the photos.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.