• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Please tell me there is a website that has really good and organized "what celebrities are wearing" kinda things? Allow the user to sort by celebrity, article of clothing, or brand. Keep is simple and streamlined with just the picture, the name of the items, price, and a few links on where to find them online or brick and mortar stockists. Keep a forum on the site to allow people to discuss and form their own celebrity stalking community or posting how they're coming along with their copycat outfits full of threads wondering why the exact same mediocre clothes didn't make a normal looking guy/girl look like a supersexy model.

I'm assuming there is something like this already but was wondering if there was room for improvement, better design and just a better setup and concept. Kunk should get in on this with me. I've seen similar kinda sites but it's usually an attachment to gossip things or will show random/crappy pics or just focus on girls. Probably could be successful if you do it right and advertise it by posting/spamming on perez hilton, us weekly, ok magazine, tmz comment sections or other fashion blogs. A good forum definitely helps

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aqhong
^ Not clothing-specific, but this is the closest I can think of: http://coolspotters.com/

Not bad. Kinda messy but solid. Could just take the angle to make it more fashion focused rather than just anything (random sunglasses or diaper bags). Guess there are things like hat out there. I guess because i don't search for celebrity fashion i dont' encounter them. Still think a better site could come around but oh well. The celebrity obsession world is strange. There has to be other avenues to exploit them that hasn't been done yet.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got stuck in traffic behind one of these ugly things today. Prior to this I didn't even realize such a thing existed. Now I know why I never really cared much for Subaru. And I also now know why I only see middle aged woman driving them....
forester_llbean_subaru.jpg

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kelvinsense
cue mr. moo in all black errthang
Black cards, black cars, all black errytang

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by BB1
I got stuck in traffic behind one of these ugly things today. Prior to this I didn't even realize such a thing existed. Now I know why I never really cared much for Subaru. And I also now know why I only see middle aged woman driving them....

forester_llbean_subaru.jpg

The l.l.Bean Outback is actually bad ass in a certain sort of way.

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Nil
I'm not an MC suiting whiz, then again considering the pattern matching abominations that side comes up with that may be a good thing, but I'd say an orphaned pinstripe jacket would look off.
Originally Posted by Fuuma
Technically speaking you should stay away but I don't see why that jacket couldn't be paired with black pants to good effect. Basically black or grey pants can work but you have to make sure the colours aren't too near or the effect will be off...
Thank you very much for the replies, I realize this is Random Fashion Thoughts and there's probably a better place to ask this, but I trust you dudes Here it is with black, (again, sorry for the sloppy fit, literally playing internet dress up at 2 in the morning)
7139xs.jpg
Is this acceptable in any way in a professional environment? Trying to make the best of this, because it is a very nice jacket for the price, just something I'd never wear casually Also, the pinstripes are very faint, do not contrast, and are more of a texture than a color, so it appears solid from a distance.
21958d5.jpg

nicelynice

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by NorCal
The l.l.Bean Outback is actually bad ass in a certain sort of way.

I drive a Forester, then again, I do a lot of hiking/backpacking and live in Washington
It's cool to throw a twin mattress in the back and sleep in comfort for things like music festivals, too (Sasquatch!!!)

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by nicelynice
I drive a Forester, then again, I do a lot of hiking/backpacking and live in Washington It's cool to throw a twin mattress in the back and sleep in comfort for things like music festivals, too (Sasquatch!!!)
A) Word on the street is Foresters are for middle-aged lesbians B) See you there homie, I will not be steezing
Originally Posted by nicelynice
Thank you very much for the replies, I realize this is Random Fashion Thoughts and there's probably a better place to ask this, but I trust you dudes Here it is with black, (again, sorry for the sloppy fit, literally playing internet dress up at 2 in the morning) Is this acceptable in any way in a professional environment? Trying to make the best of this, because it is a very nice jacket for the price, just something I'd never wear casually Also, the pinstripes are very faint, do not contrast, and are more of a texture than a color, so it appears solid from a distance.
Are you sure it's worth this much trouble? Just get another N.Hollywood suit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads