Random fashion thoughts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by thekunk07, Aug 1, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brothersport

Brothersport Senior member

Thank you very much for the replies, I realize this is Random Fashion Thoughts and there's probably a better place to ask this, but I trust you dudes

Here it is with black, (again, sorry for the sloppy fit, literally playing internet dress up at 2 in the morning)

Is this acceptable in any way in a professional environment? Trying to make the best of this, because it is a very nice jacket for the price, just something I'd never wear casually

Also, the pinstripes are very faint, do not contrast, and are more of a texture than a color, so it appears solid from a distance.

FWIW, MC answers this question about 25x/week, and from what I've gathered, it's probably not gonna work. From a distance the jacket looks solid, but that just makes it look even more like an orphaned suit jacket (color, pattern, button color). The contrast with a black tie and black pants is really very striking, and just looks like a mistake.

From up close, if you see pinstripes, well, patterns make a suit jacket less probably, except that blazers usually don't have vertical stripes. So it's sort of lose-lose.

2. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

[​IMG] My fav shirt, wore it yesterday and it has weird orange spots all over it, but only on the lighter-coloured areas [​IMG] Especially weird since I don't use bleach or even have it in my house ... any idea what could cause this?

3. Cool The Kid

Cool The Kid Senior member

Is that picture recent? Where do u live that still warrants wearing fur lined leather coats (no offense, really just asking)?

I think I bought my STFs one size too big. I really wish they would make these in the 511 cut.

4. __CB__

__CB__ Senior member

^^ You use any skincare stuff that might have something similiar in it? Some are known to bleach clothes if you're not careful...

5. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

Is that picture recent? Where do u live that still warrants wearing fur lined leather coats (no offense, really just asking)?

This picture is from like a month ago, I live in Montreal.

^^ You use any skincare stuff that might have something similiar in it? Some are known to bleach clothes if you're not careful...

I do, but I doubt that was it, because it's all over the arms, chest, and back.

6. Listi

Listi Senior member

does your gf use any skin care stuff lol

i had some skin cream that fucked over the collars of all my shirts with orange spots

7. BoomDiggs

BoomDiggs Senior member

What about OxyClean? That put orange spots all over a new set of bed linens of mine.

8. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

I use woolite dark for my laundry. I don't know why my girlfriend's skincare stuff would be all over my shirt ... and none of my other clothes seem affected. Oh well, shit happens. Time to buy a new shirt in black + silver. [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. scott.m

scott.m Senior member

nicelynice just return it, it's not worth all this worry

yeah dude just return it and buy my bless coat. [​IMG]

10. tim_pnin

tim_pnin Active Member

Is this acceptable in any way in a professional environment? Trying to make the best of this, because it is a very nice jacket for the price, just something I'd never wear casually

Also, the pinstripes are very faint, do not contrast, and are more of a texture than a color, so it appears solid from a distance.

The width of the lapels clashes with the width of your skinny tie. The button-stance is all wrong. The sleeves are way too long. Ill-fitting in general. Given that most "professionals" wear ill-fitting, poorly constructed suits that are completely out of proportion with their body-types, this is completely acceptable for most "professional environments." But I don't think that was the answer you are looking for. Get rid of it quickly.

11. brad-t

brad-t Bae Blade

yeah, the fit is really not that great. if it was not a Jil you would have returned it already

12. ppllzz

ppllzz Senior member

yo it was jil though. JIL. SANDER. a jet-approved brand.

13. lmaozedong

lmaozedong Senior member

The width of the lapels clashes with the width of your skinny tie. The button-stance is all wrong. The sleeves are way too long. Ill-fitting in general. Given that most "professionals" wear ill-fitting, poorly constructed suits that are completely out of proportion with their body-types, this is completely acceptable for most "professional environments." But I don't think that was the answer you are looking for. Get rid of it quickly.
    Did someone put a tree trunk up your ass or something?
    yeah, the fit is really not that great. if it was not a Jil you would have returned it already
    I would think that if he were to keep it he'd get it tailored in a couple spots (most obviously, as tim_pnin kindly pointed out the sleeve length) but I really think the fit isn't all that bad. Still, though, with the issues with pattern matching etc, I might return it if you're looking to wear it in a work environment. You're a 46, right? If you're gonna return it get in touch with me first--if the price is as ridiculously good as you're saying there's a possibility I might be interested....

14. Fuuma

Fuuma Franchouillard Modasse

The jacket is fine for a pre-tailoring fit...

I have an old tailormade JS navy suit and got it tightened in the torso, slightly shortened, adjusted the sleeves and of course the pants and it looks great.

15. cocostella

cocostella Senior member

my girlfriend has A-Cup breasts and i think they're awesome (0)

It's all in the nipple action anyway. I prefer B myself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.