• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Skinny Jeans Yes/no?

heyeh

Reaction score
So do you people think skinny jeans look good on guys?
I personally think they look odd - like chicken feet - and prefer baggy jeans.
Is there anyway to add a poll?

Motorsport226

Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
post fit pic

laugh.gif
+1

Personally, I cant wear them with a 34 waist, but still I rarely think they look good even on guys that wear a size 28.

I do think it looks odd, I like jeans to have a little break in them and the painted on look doesn't do it for me.

CoconutBanana

Reaction score
I prefer slim/straight fit jeans like APC new standards but I have nothing against skinny jeans however denim leggings look stupid on every male I see them on.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Desi
I look like a great Roman emperor when I wear skinny jeans. No lie.

This is true for me as well.

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My package can't fit into skinny jeans!

BlueWord

Reaction score
Most people can't pull them off, but that's true with lots of things.

I think it also depends on what you mean by "skinny". The standard, at least in US, seems to be bootcut or baggy jeans, at least among the general population. A skinny jean, to me, are those horrible torture pants you sometimes see kids on skateboards wearing; I'm aware, however, that, to some people, a skinny jean is anything that flatters the figure.

For me, I prefer a slimmer, straight cut. Skinny jeans - the super-tight variety - scream youthfulness and rebellion; they stand out, they make a statement, and it's not a very subtle one. For some people, that's fine - that's what they want, or what they like. They can pull it off. But, I don't think most people can.

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What is "skinny?" Are we calling 19cm skinny? Some (98% of US) would. I wouldn't, if they are sized correctly. What about new cure?

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DLester
What is "skinny?" Are we calling 19cm skinny? Some (98% of US) would. I wouldn't, if they are sized correctly. What about new cure?

I was under the impression that 19cm is based on the new cure. Have I been mislead?

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by A Fellow Linguist
I was under the impression that 19cm is based on the new cure. Have I been mislead?

Based on the cure, predecessor to new cure. Not certain though. Need fashion historian input here.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads