• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

What music are you listening to lately?

MadysonBelinda

Reaction score
I am listening lots of stuff, let me see...Cansei de Ser Sexy, The Gossip, Justice, Datarock, The Pipettes, Electric Six, Razorlight , The Killers, Siouxie and The Banshees...
Something quieter: Kings of Convenience, Erlend Oye, Geru Mulligan, Eliot Smith or Nouvelle Vague. I also like Ska Cubano and pretty much everything launched by Putumayo records. As for classics, why not some Janis Joplin, Joy Division, T.Rex, Blondie, Os Mutantes, Talking Heads, or even Yoko (her last album is great). Mhhh don't forget about the Chemical Brothers or LCD Soundsystem... already got my ticket for their next show in BA!

I would really love to know what you are listening to, learn about the music in your countries, get to know new bands from other places, and also get to know each other a little bit more.

And... do any of you have a band? We'd love to know more about it!

So...raise the volume! More than ever I'm all ears...

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This joint by Charles Hamilton is pretty good:
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

Biggskip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really liked Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix so I've been listening to, It's Never Been Like That. I liked WAP a great deal more. INBLT sounded like a mediocre Strokes album.

Neo_Version 7

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
dj-hero_1.jpg
The mixes are nigh orgasmic..​

howlingwolfpress

Reaction score
maudlin of the Well - Bizarre flowers / A violent Mist
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags.

ld111134

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
SH, good call with the Byrds compilation. I posted a YouTube clip of a live performance of "The Bells of Rhymney" on my Facebook page in commemoration of the West Virginia miners.

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ted Leo covered Fisherman's Blues last night, and it was nice.
Vid not from last night.

Artisan Fan

Suitsupply-sider
Reaction score
Madame Butterfly with Leontyne Price on RCA Living Stereo SACD. Incredible.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

BreanaAbagailButler

Reaction score
he pieces of music I am listening to lately, (although not the latest), are: Barry Manillow, Neil Diamond, Bee Gees, Pet Shop Boys, Supertramp, Sade; also latin music as for example Luis Miguel and Alejandro Sanz. Also brazilian music.

Anche musica in italiano e alcune francese.

Well, I hope to read others ans "see" their likes

Strombollii

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
Ted Leo covered Fisherman's Blues last night, and it was nice.

How were they? I'm still upset I missed them when they played here.
Saw Third Eye Blind and Shwayze last night. Can't say that I was impressed. Then again, can't say I expected to be impressed.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads