• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Dude needs to size down on the pics too and step away from the camera.

Reaction score
Originally Posted by phildo
^ you need to size down on those jackets they don't fit anywhere

Thanks! It's strange, I always feel like clothes are too small on me, but I guess they're not... For instance I can hardly button the grey coat, but for some reason it's still too big. Sucks that I'm probably a 36S instead of a 38R then. And never trust a suit store SA!

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Davine
you sound so american...

You have a punchable face in any country.

EDIT TO EDIT: got caught
smile.gif

ivan k

Reaction score
Woolrich (Coat) Gitman Vintage (Shirt) KMW (Jeans) Our Legacy (Boots)
dsc01473r.jpg
dsc01475o.jpg
dsc01469l.jpg

A Fellow Linguist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
You have a punchable face in any country.

Even more than lacking "swagger", I think having a "puchable face" is the worst possible offense on SF.

freelance robotics

Reaction score
I was trying to go for a boxy type/skinny jeans silhouette, which is a look that I totally love right now. Only problem is that you need high rise jeans to do it, and finding a decent pair of those is just impossible right now. Well, not impossible, but I am too proud to buy GIRL JEANZ.

And anyways I'm trying to wait on getting a newer pair of jeans until I lose the weight I put on during winter. I was in the hospital for a few weeks near the end of fall and there is no better way to get fat than that.

I'm not commenting on the boots because that is the dumbest discussion and I will have no part of it

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you sound so american...

And you sir, sound so smugly European. Are you merely offering up the same old popular derogatory phrase uttered by so many Europeans (and often Canadians) today, or do you have a point? Please do tell....

Davine

Reaction score
I merely stated an observation. I don´t think that it sounds nearly as offensive as the punchable face comment.

btw. is your avatar from Diet Butcher Slim Skin?

phildo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by StreetPreacher
Thanks! It's strange, I always feel like clothes are too small on me, but I guess they're not... For instance I can hardly button the grey coat, but for some reason it's still too big. Sucks that I'm probably a 36S instead of a 38R then. And never trust a suit store SA!

Lurk around the MC forums to get an idea of how suits should fit.

BB1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I merely stated an observation. I don´t think that it sounds nearly as offensive as the punchable face comment. btw. is your avatar from Diet Butcher Slim Skin?
Nothing wrong with stating that observation. However from personal experience of working closely with Europeans and Canadians in my line of work, I've noticed most of them like to utter the same phrase frequently and it gets quite old. Every time I've probed them about why they said it, it becomes clear the nature of it is semi derogatory. Anyway that line has become so cliche that it's better to just describe what you mean exactly instead. About the punchable face comment, I agree with you. Many people here are not very kind, nothing new. Yes, the avatar is a scaled down version of one of the pictures from the DBSS FW09 photo shoot.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
2d1k6ci.jpg
2in8lx.jpg
at my grans over easter atm.

Don't tuck. And that pose is marsupialed
Originally Posted by freelance robotics
I was trying to go for a boxy type/skinny jeans silhouette, which is a look that I totally love right now. Only problem is that you need high rise jeans to do it, and finding a decent pair of those is just impossible right now. Well, not impossible, but I am too proud to buy GIRL JEANZ. And anyways I'm trying to wait on getting a newer pair of jeans until I lose the weight I put on during winter. I was in the hospital for a few weeks near the end of fall and there is no better way to get fat than that. I'm not commenting on the boots because that is the dumbest discussion and I will have no part of it
You don't know what high-rise means

Davine

Reaction score
Cool, I like it.

And yes, it can be taken simply as an observation. It also can be taken as a veiled insult, in which case the insulted person is partially admitting that some cliches connected to being american may apply to him. However it can also be taken as criticism. In which case the addressed person may reflect, how he himself or his statement was taken by the other person.

Don´t forget: Even if someone directly insults you. It is your choice to feel insulted, or be amused by it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads