• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

I ordered something but was never charged. What should I do?

CuffEm

Reaction score
I ordered something via email with the customer service of a company. I had ordered from there before, so they already knew my billing/account information. The customer service rep requested that I give her the security code on my card so she would be able to charge the account (I assume me giving her the code authorized the payment). This was a month ago... and I was never charged. Am I obligated to inquire about not being charged, or is it really their fault?

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I ordered something but was never charged. What should I do?

Nothing

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Davidko19
I ordered something but was never charged. What should I do? Nothing
I have fairly flexible morals but one thing I hate is stealing. Maybe it comes from having been involved with my parents' business. If you were delivered a good/service in good faith, regardless of whether or not there was some billing error on their end, you should pay for what you received. Sure, they can't hold you accountable for their error, but whatever way you slice it, you owe them money.

Blackhood

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It depends what this company is: Small Time, Out of State I wouldn't do anything. Much of the time these are scams; they will ask you for permission to charge your card a second time, then charge you twice. If they have proof that you're given your details twice, then they have the right to take the money twice. Tustworthy, Local or Big Call them. Worst case senario they charge you for your item. Best case senario they send you vouchers or coupons to say thanks. Personally I'd call, but I tend to believe in the goodness of other people so maybe I'm naive.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^Clearly he doesn't.
To the OP: you gotta live with yourself and the way you deal with this dilemma.
There are two commodities involved in a sale. In this case, the goods, and your money. Right now, you are in possession of both.

This isn't really that complicated, is it?

oneeightyseven

Almost Special
Reaction score
I'd pay them for it. A lot of my friends would just take the item and never think about it. I even have some friends who order a lot of stuff online and then claim they didnt recieve certain things, although they actually did. I couldn't do it; I'd feel too guilty. Also, you purchased it with the idea of you actually paying for it, so obviously you have the money to pay for it and were willing to part with it. Why should this change your perspective?

VKK3450

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A fairly large SF approved company ended up double charging me recently when I called them about a similar situation.

They still won't resolve it.

K

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 93 36.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 43 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.8%

Forum statistics

Threads