• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

HOF: What Are You Wearing Right Now - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fred49

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
fred20002.jpg

fred20004.jpg

fred20006.jpg

fred22004.jpg

Kiton Jacket
BB shirt
Levi 501
Hermes ps
smokes Hoyo Monterrey
Weekend casual boots 1000 mile

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3

I love the PS and the way you are wearing it. Brilliance does not do justice to the socks!
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Aaron01
I like it! Great job

Originally Posted by ManofKent
I like the boldness of this but I'm not sure that I like that particular scale of gingham with the stripes of the suit.

Many thanks for your comments and observations.

Originally Posted by Sebastian

I love the look of the collar on the shirt. Beautiful tie, also.

mrmax

Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
No, you have that completely wrong. A "due bottoni stirato - o strappato - a due," a.k.a. 3 roll 2, is an iconic SB jacket for Rubinacci.

What they do not like is what we think of as a two button jacket.

Moreover, if the quarters on Monty's Ruby are not open enough for you, they still are...nonetheless...rather open quarters.

- B

Apologies. I had confused the thread (here) where lasbar said rubinacci refused to do a 2B coat, not 3r2.

Regardless, my point made in that thread and here just now is the balance. Since that thread I have been eagerly awaiting a nicely balanced 3r2 to appear on the forums or in stores, without result.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mrmax
Regardless, my point made in that thread and here just now is the balance. Since that thread I have been eagerly awaiting a nicely balanced 3r2 to appear on the forums or in stores, without result.

Hmm. I'm game. Given your critique of Monty's number, what's unbalanced about these two?

807725757_dfUvC-X2.jpg
806970779_AyS4A-X2.jpg

I'm just curious about your reasoning.

- B

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Philip1978
MoK, love the look today. I will work on getting full shots and not a hodge podge of pics.
smile.gif

Thanks.
Originally Posted by ryoneo
RL Albin Wingtips
Thank you - are they Italian or English made?
My humble effort:
Gorgeous fabric on that suit and a great tie.
Originally Posted by Fred49
Kiton Jacket
BB shirt
Levi 501
Hermes ps
smokes Hoyo Monterrey
Weekend casual boots 1000 mile

Nice casual look. I generally prefer darker denim, but like NOBD you make the more washed work well with the jacket.
Originally Posted by Holdfast
Looks I've liked. Great suits, with some nifty accessorising:
Monday...

Thanks, and I still envy that suit
smile.gif

niidawg3

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fred49
smokes Hoyo Monterrey

nice smokes Fred.

Originally Posted by Montesquieu
I share the consensus view on this jacket. The color looks good on me, but I otherwise dislike the fabric (Luca's replacement for the one I originally picked out), slant pockets (Luca's idea), shoulders, and pear shape in the hips. The silhouette does not match my other two Rubinaccis, which I like much better.

This jacket was part of my first bespoke commission, all with Rubinacci, and the one for which I surrendered artistic license. The disappointment with this piece caused me to switch firms, although I would like to try Rubinacci again, next time under Mariano's guidance.

This is my only regretted bespoke purchase out of about 15. I suppose that's an OK batting average, but I'd prefer to hit 1.000.

very well explained ... i respect your graciousness in admitting you see the differences between these and others. its a trait that is lost on many "big-timers" here
lol8[1].gif

220301_shoes.jpg

Shoes: EG Cardiff (yes open laced, rubber soled shoes with a suit
tinfoil.gif
)

really like the shoes MoK. was the rubber soles a choice because of "the walk"

I like what we can see, particularly the shoes and socks.

Originally Posted by Parker
Love that tie and ps, dawg.

Originally Posted by philosophe
+1. An excellent combination.

Originally Posted by clarinetplayer
I love the PS and the way you are wearing it. Brilliance does not do justice to the socks!
smile.gif

thank you, thank you, thank you - you faar too kind.

clarinetplayer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by zorglubb
p3220001j.jpg

Cloudy today like almost everyday this time of the year
plain.gif

I like everything about this: the stitching on the lapel, the subtle PS, the cuffs on the shirt, the working buttons on the sleeve (at least they look real), the simple but nicely shaded tie. If this is "plain", then I'm all for it.

ManofKent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by niidawg3
really like the shoes MoK. was the rubber soles a choice because of "the walk"

Yes - mainly for wet weather. I'd been after a pair for a while, and would have prefered Canterbury's, but I like these and at £140 NIB I wasn't going to be too choosy
wink.gif

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You have a point there.
To be honest, I think AE is higher regarded in Europe than in the US. At least when I look at the discussions here...

Among the general "better than Cole Haan buying" masses in the US, AE is well regarded and probably the best known brand. More proof that SF is it's own little universe.

Cary Grant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
No, you have that completely wrong. A "due bottoni stirato - o strappato - a due," a.k.a. 3 roll 2, is an iconic SB jacket for Rubinacci.

What they do not like is what we think of as a two button jacket.

Moreover, if the quarters on Monty's Ruby are not open enough for you, they still are...nonetheless...rather open quarters.

- B

Hmm. I'm game. Given your critique of Monty's number, what's unbalanced about these two?

807725757_dfUvC-X2.jpg
806970779_AyS4A-X2.jpg

I'm just curious about your reasoning.

- B

Your sehksier when you
teacha.gif

lurker[1].gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 100 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 98 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 34 12.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 44 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 15.1%

Forum statistics

Threads