• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fluery

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hendrix
I physically can't sag the jeans. They will not drop any lower due to my ghetto booty. Maybe if i size up. I dunno, i'm really not into anti-fit or sagging. The moose knuckle is largely due to the fact that it's canvas, which crinkles like linen except with more shadow. doesn't look like that when i'm wearing them and actually moving about and ****.
I don't know, I went true to size with my apc ns' and I can sag despite my relatively big squat butt for my waist size. (Perhaps I got a little stretch in them) You really need to do something about that though, the moose knuckle looks bad in that photo. Good stuff with the untucked shirt though, looks better!

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I physically can't sag the jeans. They will not drop any lower due to my ghetto booty. Maybe if i size up. I dunno, i'm really not into anti-fit or sagging. The moose knuckle is largely due to the fact that it's canvas, which crinkles like linen except with more shadow. doesn't look like that when i'm wearing them and actually moving about and ****. Haha yeah, i'll work on that for SF's benefit. It's why i've been trying to actually do things in my photos e.g. the cricket bat etc. biscotti adding some badass to his fits. looks good bro. you wear that denim jacket alot. I think it's cool that you've got a signature piece.
I don't see how this is possible, unless you sized down a ton 1980s aren't a tight jean and they have a massive rise. And I don't get why you'd buy KMWs if you don't like the anti-fit cut
facepalm.gif
Both are bad, imo.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by user7
I don't believe you, but

1)Take those same two photos again, but yank the jeans down two inches. Just force them, even if it's uncomfortable.

2) Post them and marvel at how much better they look.

3) Keep doing it or buy new jeans that you can wear at that level if these are really so tight that it's too uncomfortable to permanently wear them that way.

Seriously, just do it.

Originally Posted by Fluery
I don't know, I went true to size with my apc ns' and I can sag despite my relatively big squat butt for my waist size. (Perhaps I got a little stretch in them)

You really need to do something about that though, the moose knuckle looks bad in that photo.

Good stuff with the untucked shirt though, looks better!

cheers.
It really isn't a moose knuckle. As you can see from the first pic, it's not constricting my crotch. It's just the way the canvas folds when i stand that way in the second pic. For what it's worth, they're worn slightly lower in the untucked pic.

If anything, it's that there's extra fabric in the crotch area which is folding over. I.e., that's not ******* you're seeing!

Originally Posted by KitAkira
I don't see how this is possible, unless you sized down a ton 1980s aren't a tight jean and they have a massive rise. And I don't get why you'd buy KMWs if you don't like the anti-fit cut
facepalm.gif
Both are bad, imo.

They're really not tight at all. i went true to size. They have a 10 inch rise, by no means is that massive. pretty standard low-mid rise. I don't think the cut is antifit at all.

Maybe if i posted a vid with fluid motion, noone would notice.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thrift Pirate
Harsh, I always wonder if these conversations would be the same in person. Betting different
haha. yeah i'm not worried about it. I post on here for the criticism and gladly accept it. I'm not arguing for the sake of arguing, and i'm not trying to be overly defensive. It probably sounds really stubborn from their perspective, so i don't get sensitive about it. What i'm wondering is whether it would look different in person - my posture, the cellphone pic taken from waist level in landscape etc... anyway, i'll try doing something about it next time.

hendrix

Thor Smash
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who gives a ****, if you like it then don't change anything. On a side note after looking at the pics it looked bad tucked in.

yes, i agree it looks bad tucked in. screws up proportions. it took me a while to accept this.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Harsh, I always wonder if these conversations would be the same in person. Betting different

Yeah, obviously this sort of stuff wouldn't happen. But the criticisms are often realistic and informative, I've came a longgggg way since I joined this forum, and owe a lot more to WAYWT than J Crew SS10.

phildo

Reaction score
yes, i agree it looks bad tucked in. screws up proportions. it took me a while to accept this.

How much longer will it take you to accept that you need to pull your pants down?

user7

Reaction score
Originally Posted by phildo
How much longer will it take you to accept that you need to pull your pants down?
Seriously. You will come around just like with the shirt tucking. Just try it out. For the hell of it. Pull the down two inches. Post a pic. Trust. edit: the tucking in may actually even work if you pull them down. it's the mixture of both that's REALLY bad, and it's still bad because of how you wear them. It might look fine tucked in if you just pull them down a little.

telemark

Reaction score

They'd be a lot easier in person. I'd pull down his trousers and untuck his shirt for him. Bish, bash, bosh.

What's so frustrating is having to ******* convince this chap via the medium of words.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I put this together last minute this morning without much thought, after looking at the pic I'm not sure if I like the pants with the top, but it might be because it needed some other type of footwear possibly. I would have liked an olive colored pant instead though. I don't know.

100_3043.jpg

- EG workshirt
- W+H henley
- Crate Hamilton Chinos
- Superga sneaks

DLester

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hendrix jus do it for you online broskis alright? If it looks like **** then you were right and you win. If it looks good then you win even more. Wins all around for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics