• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

2010 Fashion Styles for my clothing line

jjsham

Reaction score
hey everybody! I am new to the forum. I have been steadily working on a new clothing line I am launching in the Fall of 2010. I am constantly doing research but still cannot find a good site or source that predicts and shows the upcoming fashion styles that designers go by. Also, if any of you have any advice on having a theme for each season. Anything helps, I am starting with graphic tees and hoodies, will be abstract images, vintage. thanks!

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
*sigh*

Since I think this is a more than reasonable question, all the sarcastic crap that was once here has been deleted, and I've moved the thread to MC.

Not everything around here has to be a DT.

Matt

ex-m@Triate
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt
*sigh*

Since I think this is a more than reasonable question, all the sarcastic crap that was once here has been deleted, and I've moved the thread to MC.

Originally Posted by StephenHero
Animal prints are always in.

oh, I'm sorry...perhaps you thought I wasn't talking to you. Allow me to correct you. Yes. I. *******. Was.

How to irritate a moderator...step 1....watch him waste his time cleaning up a thread of crap and post a 'keep this place crap free' post. Step 2. Insert crap right underneath it.

Seriously, are you that stupid?

luftvier

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jjsham
hey everybody! I am new to the forum. I have been steadily working on a new clothing line I am launching in the Fall of 2010. I am constantly doing research but still cannot find a good site or source that predicts and shows the upcoming fashion styles that designers go by. Also, if any of you have any advice on having a theme for each season. Anything helps, I am starting with graphic tees and hoodies, will be abstract images, vintage. thanks!

I think basics that don't go out of style are a better option. At least you can promise consistency season to season.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
*sigh*

Given the posters plan to offer hoodies and graphic tees, shouldn't you have moved this to SW? I think they'd take it a bit more seriously.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
You know our track record for graphic tee companies, right?

But if you're talking about starting a real line, prepare for hard times (we just lost Michael J. Krell, doesn't bode well). It's going to take you longer than a few months to start it up unless you plan to just do a construction-in-house not-for-sale showing (you'd need to get a green light from a creditor, draft patterns, look at fabrics, consult factories, consult retailers, etc.).

Just looking at what other people do and copying them is not making your own line, it's doing what Urban Outfitters does. Go to a fashion school (chances are you aren't getting into Antwerp, CSM, Parsons, RISD, etc. but you can still take a few courses to learn about patterns and figures and blah, blah, blah if you still feel it transfer up)

As for inspiration, best thing is to make what you like and what really connects with you. A few guys on Stylezeitgeist have posted some work (some solo and some from fashion schools)

Mainly, don't think of it as a quick way to make a buck.

kevinbrownshakedown

Reaction score
Designers find inspiration everywhere. If you don't know this, you are clearly not a designer of any kind, be it fashion or otherwise. They don't just go to a website that shows them what's going to be hot next season. If you want to look at other designer's stuff, men.style.com has pictures of every big runway show for years and years.

Captain Winky

Reaction score
If you're looking at what's being shown now for inspiration, you're already, by default, at least two seasons behind.

3eyes

Reaction score
They make books that predict the trends for the future. But they happen to cost like $3000.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'll buy anything if it comes with a free samurai sword.

gt33

Reaction score
im actually starting up a new denim line with my boy called Crisp denim, its got hand dipped, indigo raw japanese selvege...70's inspired ****

brad-t

Bae Blade
Reaction score
oh, I'm sorry...perhaps you thought I wasn't talking to you. Allow me to correct you. Yes. I. *******. Was.

How to irritate a moderator...step 1....watch him waste his time cleaning up a thread of crap and post a 'keep this place crap free' post. Step 2. Insert crap right underneath it.

Seriously, are you that stupid?

lol who is this guy

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads