• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Things That Are Bothering You, Got You All Hibbeldy-Jibbeldy, or just downright pissed, RIGHT NOW!

Nantucket Red

"Mr. Fashionista"
Reaction score
laugh.gif
Absofuckinglutely!

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
Not enough drive bays for me unless you're talking about the 3200.
laugh.gif
Those types of things are loud though so until i own a house and have a basement where I can put all my loud always-on gear, I'm probably gonna stick to building an iSCSI target based on PCs running in a large tower because it's a) much more economical b) I can make sure it's a very quiet system.

You forget, not all of us need or want G33k power hardware (although many would say having my ReadyNas is geek level) and some consumer friendly software goes a long way. Common mistake of experts in their field. FWIW, the Readynas is very quiet, except at reboot, when the fan goes to max for a couple of minutes. Hot swappable 1TB RAID drives for consumer use at about..I think it was $350 after rebates? What a deal.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
This is sort of an old issue, but it raised its head again last night as I was pushing again to import more of my CD collection onto iTunes, since I'm headed out of town for a few weeks and want to have as much of my music with me as possible. When I first tried to do this about 18 months ago, I had taken a bunch of my best discs and set them in a pile to run through. I got only about halfway before losing momentum, but the pile sat on an old Victrola we used as a decorative table/storage cabinet in our kitchen for a long time. At the time, the house was on the market, and people were going through. Anyways, one day I went to find the discs and they were all gone. I guess it's possible we misplaced them ourselves, but every month or two I get a bug in ****** over it and I turn the house upside down looking for them. I swear either the cleaning ladies or one of the people in a walk-through lifted them. I've lost a number of my best albums, and probably a bunch that I don't even remember at the moment. Among them: Tracy Chapman , Sigur Ros (Takk), several Flecktones discs, Uncommon Ritual.
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε, πολλὰς δ᾽ ἰφθίμους ψυχὰς Ἄϊδι προΐαψεν ἡρώων, αὐτοὺς δὲ ἑλώρια τεῦχε κύνεσσιν 5οἰωνοῖσί τε πᾶσι, Διὸς δ᾽ ἐτελείετο βουλή, ἐξ οὗ δὴ τὰ πρῶτα διαστήτην ἐρίσαντε Ἀτρεΐδης τε ἄναξ ἀνδρῶν καὶ δῖος Ἀχιλλεύς. τίς τ᾽ ἄρ σφωε θεῶν ἔριδι ξυνέηκε μάχεσθαι; Λητοῦς καὶ Διὸς υἱός: ὃ γὰρ βασιλῆϊ χολωθεὶς 10νοῦσον ἀνὰ στρατὸν ὄρσε κακήν, ὀλέκοντο δὲ λαοί, οὕνεκα τὸν Χρύσην ἠτίμασεν ἀρητῆρα Ἀτρεΐδης: ὃ γὰρ ἦλθε θοὰς ἐπὶ νῆας Ἀχαιῶν λυσόμενός τε θύγατρα φέρων τ᾽ ἀπερείσι᾽ ἄποινα,
laugh.gif
Originally Posted by Piobaire
You forget, not all of us need or want G33k power hardware (although many would say having my ReadyNas is geek level) and some consumer friendly software goes a long way. Common mistake of experts in their field. FWIW, the Readynas is very quiet, except at reboot, when the fan goes to max for a couple of minutes. Hot swappable 1TB RAID drives for consumer use at about..I think it was $350 after rebates? What a deal.
It's quiet on the consumer model. I guarantee you that the 3200 makes no attempts to be quiet. But ya, I agree with you that the consumer features are probably nice for someone like you. I wouldn't want any of that though. I'm about to stick a new hard drive into my machine and reboot and do a linux install on it. I'm pretty sure at this point that my problem is that either VMWare of window 7 is stripping my 802.1q tags and that is why traffic isn't making it back into the virtualized router from the far end switch. I've verified that I can do it under linux so it'll be a half-measure test that I can do without doing a full-blown ESX server installation. If all goes well I'll be specing a couple new servers later today... One for ESX server and one for iSCSI. (after I get some sleep) I'm giddy.
bounce2.gif
It's still annoying cause i'll have to wait a week before I can get back to studying properly.

sonick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ate pizza for lunch the past 3 days in a row. I feel disguistingly fat and ashamed of myself.

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
^You make me sick.

I have an exam tomorrow morning and I just don't want to study for it. I should probably go to the library because I doubt I'll actually do anything in my apartment.

imageWIS

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Going from one retail sales job I am wholly overqualified for and having a ****** manager to another retail sales job I am wholly overqualified for with another ****** manager.
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
economy
ffffuuuu.gif
P.S. I gave my job my two weeks notice on saturday, and told them I would be unable to show up today for my 4 hour shift. The manager stated it was my responsibility to find someone to cover my shift (um, no. I just tendered my resignation, it's now your job) and when I mentioned I was unable to show up, she stated she would write me up (really? I just quit, what good would writing me up do?). Today I get a voicemail from one of the assistant managers asking me where I was.
facepalm.gif
My God, that place has NO communication.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Douglas
μῆνιν ἄειδε θεὰ Πηληϊάδεω Ἀχιλῆος
οὐλομένην, ἣ μυρί᾽ Ἀχαιοῖς ἄλγε᾽ ἔθηκε,
πολλὰς δ᾽ ἰφθίμους ψυχὰς Ἄϊδι προΐαψεν
ἡρώων, αὐτοὺς δὲ ἑλώρια τεῦχε κύνεσσιν
5οἰωνοῖσί τε πᾶσι, Διὸς δ᾽ ἐτελείετο βουλή,
ἐξ οὗ δὴ τὰ πρῶτα διαστήτην ἐρίσαντε
Ἀτρεΐδης τε ἄναξ ἀνδρῶν καὶ δῖος Ἀχιλλεύς.
τίς τ᾽ ἄρ σφωε θεῶν ἔριδι ξυνέηκε μάχεσθαι;
Λητοῦς καὶ Διὸς υἱός: ὃ γὰρ βασιλῆϊ χολωθεὶς
10νοῦσον ἀνὰ στρατὸν ὄρσε κακήν, ὀλέκοντο δὲ λαοί,
οὕνεκα τὸν Χρύσην ἠτίμασεν ἀρητῆρα
Ἀτρεΐδης: ὃ γὰρ ἦλθε θοὰς ἐπὶ νῆας Ἀχαιῶν
λυσόμενός τε θύγατρα φέρων τ᾽ ἀπερείσι᾽ ἄποινα,
ffffuuuu.gif

you forgot the last part
laugh.gif

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
w00t! My problem is fixed. Had to stick a new hard drive and install linux and run the VMWare Server from there. It turns out Windows 7 WAS in fact stripping my 802.1Q tags as they were arriving back from the switch. Bottom line, since I know you guys have been following this with baited breath, is that I can build my VMWare ESX Server without worry that it won't do everything I need it to do. Until then I'll be stuck dual-booting though.
frown.gif

Now comes the fun part... Specing it. I'm going to build a monster of a machine.
smile.gif

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
w00t! My problem is fixed. Had to stick a new hard drive and install linux and run the VMWare Server from there. It turns out Windows 7 WAS in fact stripping my 802.1Q tags as they were arriving back from the switch. Bottom line, since I know you guys have been following this with baited breath, is that I can build my VMWare ESX Server without worry that it won't do everything I need it to do. Until then I'll be stuck dual-booting though.
frown.gif

Now comes the fun part... Specing it. I'm going to build a monster of a machine.
smile.gif

I think this can be poasted in "No one gives a ****" threak

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imageWIS
Going from one retail sales job I am wholly overqualified for and having a ****** manager to another retail sales job I am wholly overqualified for with another ****** manager.
ffffuuuu.gif
ffffuuuu.gif
economy
ffffuuuu.gif
P.S. I gave my job my two weeks notice on saturday, and told them I would be unable to show up today for my 4 hour shift. The manager stated it was my responsibility to find someone to cover my shift (um, no. I just tendered my resignation, it's now your job) and when I mentioned I was unable to show up, she stated she would write me up (really? I just quit, what good would writing me up do?). Today I get a voicemail from one of the assistant managers asking me where I was.
facepalm.gif
My God, that place has NO communication.

I wish you the best of luck at CVS.

shellshock

Forum Mascot
Reaction score
HHhhhh. when the hell did AA stop allowing their stuff to be sold blank? no more cheap hoodies from ebay for me
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

ysc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Being handed other people's unfinished work "oh, it only needs tidying up and finishing off, shouldn't take you long" bollocks. The reason unfinished work is passed on is because the first person was making a hash of it, or it was taking them too long to do it and cleaning up the mess is almost as much work as starting from scratch.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 93 37.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.9%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.3%

Staff online

Forum statistics