• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

WTF With Canadian Hockey Fans

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sonick
...and how Wild fans hate the Canucks.

It is genetically impossible for Minnesotans to hate anyone, or anything. Hate was bred out of them several generations ago.

Perhaps there are Wild fans outside the state who have caused you to think this.

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
ever see the world cup soccer matches? normally civil countries who don't have a beef with each other will turn into instantaneous racists. what more if there is even a tiny insti bitty sliver of a rivalry?

i'm only a casual soccer fan, but turn into the huuugest bandwagon US mens national team superfan when they play (its fun too when they are the underdog).

its all good... the Gold Medal Match will be a blood fest and have the same flavor... I can't wait to be calm at first then turn into a raging US mens hockey team FANATIC when the game starts to get interesting.. LOL

LawrenceMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dakota rube
It is genetically impossible for Minnesotans to hate anyone, or anything. Hate was bred out of them several generations ago.

Perhaps there are Wild fans outside the state who have caused you to think this.

LOL i remember visiting my in-laws in MINN (way back in 2004) and walking around mall of america and random people would just say "hi how are you doing?" walking past. I got into it and actually started a bunch of conversations with anyone who would say hi. It gave me an excuse escape from my wife and her sister while they shopped.

I was so enamored by the friendliness I ended up getting a twins shirt and a old school North Stars shirt from a memorabilia store there (who's owner I talked to for about an hour).

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LawrenceMD
LOL i remember visiting my in-laws in MINN (way back in 2004) and walking around mall of america and random people would just say "hi how are you doing?" walking past. I got into it and actually started a bunch of conversations with anyone who would say hi. It gave me an excuse escape from my wife and her sister while they shopped.

I was so enamored by the friendliness I ended up getting a twins shirt and a old school North Stars shirt from a memorabilia store there (who's owner I talked to for about an hour).

Heck. You fit right in!
I'm surprised they didn't make you Governor for a Day or something.

You might have a street in Bloomington named after you. Or Cloquet.

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Canadians hate the innovation and freedom of our health care system. Hockey is just a proxy for their hatred.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Is this because of all the inbreeding? It's hard to truly hate your family.
boxing[1].gif

mgoose

Reaction score
It's the rivalry for sure. There is a lot of talk as to who is Canada's biggest rival in hockey Russia or the US. Although I was cheering for the US because I really, really want the rematch.

It's the same way I don't ever cheer for the leafs or flames even though I'm Canadian. I'm a Canucks fan and I hate those teams.

GQgeek

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I hate the Canadians. When I go to Canadians games, I cheer for whoever is playing against them. I'm a bit of a contrarian by nature though. When we lived in Toronto as kids, my entire family was going for the Leafs in '93 and I went for the Wings b/c they played the leafs in the first round and it pissed everyone else off.
laugh.gif
Anyway, after that series, even though the Red Wings lost, they became "my" team because I thought they were awesome. Yzerman, Fedorov, Konstantinov, Lidstrom. They were so awesome. Konstantinov was a mean SOB but he was our mean SOB. Even the grinders stayed with the team forever and have been huge assets throughout the years. Yzerman was the best captain ever, as far as I'm concerned. I was so happy when he finally got his Cup.

Piobaire

Not left of center?
Reaction score
God, I hope Canada wins Sunday. I can't live through another 30 years of the Miracle on Ice.

Dakota rube

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Piobaire
God, I hope Canada wins Sunday. I can't live through another 30 years of the Miracle on Ice.

The USA beating USSR in 1980 was pretty cool. But as a Minnesotan (at the time) it got very tiring to see the individual players deified. I just hope the gold medal game is a good one. I think Canada has way too much talent to be beaten by the USA.

underwearer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I think they are just trying to be cool. Same reason the wommens drink Coors to celebrate, its the Canadian version of hipster beer like PBR is here.

edinatlanta

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think Canada has way too much talent to be beaten by the USA.

I'm guessing you missed pool play then.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads