• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Clove cigarettes

duchessofmalfi

Reaction score
strange, clove cigarettes have always lasted longer for me. what brand are you smoking fuji?

fuji

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Djarum black. What is the difference between the ones that come in the black box and the red one?

Steggy

Reaction score
Originally Posted by fuji
Djarum black. What is the difference between the ones that come in the black box and the red one?

There are a few different flavors.

I still have a few packs of the banned blacks. Good discount at a shop when it was nearing the date, figured why not, it'll last me a looonngg time ha. The new cigars that they have to circumvent the ban seem a little bit different to me. And they aren't black anymore.

And I have heard that they are worse for you than normal cigarettes because they contain more whatever in it. either nicotine or carcinogens or something. whatever. and i also hear that theres some sort of oil in them that numbs your throat that lets you inhale more(so you hear the oil crackling or something)

g transistor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If you are still able to get your hands on some Djarum originals (large, square red box, these aren't the "cigar" ones available now) you should definitely buy them. They're my all time favorite cigarettes. Unfiltered clove goodness...

Matt752

Reaction score
I have some cartons of Djarum black cigarettes (not the new nasty cigars) i'm trying to sell if anyones interested. Im located in Tampa but will ship anywhere in US. email me at [email protected] if you're interested in buying some.

Matt752

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Hombre Secreto
They banned them in the states...
frown.gif

I got some cartons of Djarum black cigarettes i'm trying to get rid of if you're still looking for them. Email me [email protected]

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt752
I got some cartons of Djarum black cigarettes i'm trying to get rid of if you're still looking for them. Email me [email protected]
List a price.
wink.gif

NoStyle14

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Matt752

Matt,

Are the ones you're selling the ones they use to sell in the US? Meaning the ones with the wider boxes and the silver strip on the cigarette?

Or are you talking about Black cigarettes imported from Indonesia or other places?

Matt752

Reaction score
Originally Posted by intent
List a price.
wink.gif

$70 each. that covers the shipping cost. Only have 3 left so hurry if u want some

u3999859

Reaction score
Djarums no doubt is the best clove cig I ever smoked. I personally like the Djarum Super, it has excellent burn time. One stick will last around 8-10 minutes easy.

I recently bought few packs of Blacks and Supers online. I know this really good website where you can mix and match individual packs of different brands of cloves cigs. Its called ciggiesworld or sumtin. Check it out guys.

Nathaniel72

Reaction score
I haven't smelled the smoke of a clove in sooo long! I don't smoke but a lot of people I know do and it always much more pleasant when someone was smoking a clove.

hypostatic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by streetminimal
I'm pretty sure clove cigarettes, specifically Indonesian ones, last longer than the normal ones. Well from what I've seen.

Ya, almost twice as long. In fact, sometimes I get lazy to finish it - plus it gets pretty harsh towards the end.

NorCal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by shasta
at one point i used to smoke grape bidi's - I wonder if they sell those anymore ( I haven't smoked in years)

bidi2.jpg

heh, heh, I thought I was the only one. Loved me some bidis.
Djarums in the black pack was what I smoked from about 15-23 or so.

dtk_King

Reaction score
Originally Posted by g transistor
Wikipedia is a good read. They aren't worse for you than normal cigarettes.

Taken from wiki:

In Canada, Djarum Black cigarettes are listed as containing 42.2-76 mg of tar and 1.88-3.39 mg of nicotine, a significant amount more than most other cigarettes.

JustinW

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would probably puke if I tried to smoke one now, but these were my staple for a few years in the mid 1990s:

gudanggaramprofess_cigarettes.jpg

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads