• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Recent Sartorialist Looks

TRINI

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jessbaumung
12110BWDVN4143Web.jpg

This dude must give great head, because I cannot think of any other reason why his photo would be posted on this site.

When's the last time you saw a down-filled parka with a FLORAL pattern?

Fuuma

Franchouillard Modasse
Reaction score
Originally Posted by idfnl
Yes, my opinion sides more with the suit crowd, but so what. It's because I personally find most of today's streetwear looks to be so awful. It's not a matter of me being a hick or worthless, its a matter of taste.

While we don't often agree, I think you regularly do provide different angles on the subject matter, but I think your often insulting towards me and others. 15k posts may give you history but has not developed your manners.

A public forum such as this one allows for a wide range of opinions to be expressed and we are all the richer for it. However some opinions are badly thought out and presented from a position of ignorance and I feel absolutely no qualms about telling those that profess them that what they're saying is total crap. I make no excuse for it and, in fact, think that due to the nature of the medium it is important to do so as clearly and harshly as needed.

Pretty much every position can be discussed intelligently but we must be intellectually honest and point out when it is not done in such a way and I don't intend to wear white gloves while doing it. Your opinions on the matter are stupid, ignorant and insulting, what can I say?

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria
james_valentine.jpg
- B

notice the nice extra large handwriting on the paper which was carefully strewn about on the floor. its details like this that makes this man a genius.

linux_pro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
GQParis1.jpg

This dude is trying WAY too hard. Comes off like a wanna-be-nerd c-bag hipster, that doesn't yet realize that beards are SO 2001. Dude, seriously. Comb the food pieces out of that beaver pelt on your face, lose the goofy ugly bowtie (that blue is hideously fake), get on a stairmaster and lose the massive gut before trying to wear a cardigan under a blazer (which in itself is douchey enough to deserve a kick to the jewels) and I dunno... maybe stop trying to force your style so much. When people try this hard, it just looks fake and falls flat.

And for the love of gawd, can we please get a federal ban on hipster beards? I swear that has to be the ugliest, most hideous trend of the last two centuries. It didn't look good in the Victorian age and it definitely doesn't look good now. And good luck finding any women that will let you anywhere near them with that smelly diseased face-mop.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fuuma
A public forum such as this one allows for a wide range of opinions to be expressed and we are all the richer for it. However some opinions are badly thought out and presented from a position of ignorance and I feel absolutely no qualms about telling those that profess them that what they're saying is total crap. I make no excuse for it and, in fact, think that due to the nature of the medium it is important to do so as clearly and harshly as needed.

Pretty much every position can be discussed intelligently but we must be intellectually honest and point out when it is not done in such a way and I don't intend to wear white gloves while doing it. Your opinions on the matter are stupid, ignorant and insulting, what can I say?

You're right, only someone that is truly an underground-subcultured-edgy-waif should comment on these matters. I've been wrong.

apropos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by linux_pro
This dude is trying WAY too hard. Comes off like a wanna-be-nerd c-bag hipster, that doesn't yet realize that beards are SO 2001. Dude, seriously. Comb the food pieces out of that beaver pelt on your face, lose the goofy ugly bowtie (that blue is hideously fake), get on a stairmaster and lose the massive gut before trying to wear a cardigan under a blazer (which in itself is douchey enough to deserve a kick to the jewels) and I dunno... maybe stop trying to force your style so much. When people try this hard, it just looks fake and falls flat.

And for the love of gawd, can we please get a federal ban on hipster beards? I swear that has to be the ugliest, most hideous trend of the last two centuries. It didn't look good in the Victorian age and it definitely doesn't look good now. And good luck finding any women that will let you anywhere near them with that smelly diseased face-mop.

But... what do you really think about it?

Tomasso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by linux_pro
get on a stairmaster and lose the massive gut before trying to wear a cardigan under a blazer
I'd bet that's the sweater rolling over his belt, not his stomach. Sorry to interrupt the evisceration......

linux_pro

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tomasso
I'd bet that's the sweater rolling over his belt, not his stomach. Sorry to interrupt the evisceration......

But see, that's the whole point. How does that hotty he's having coffee with later know it's his belt and not his massive, sweaty, hairy gut? With that horrendous beard, that's what she will definitely assume. So yeah, he ain't gettin' any.

That's why cardigans are AWFUL under blazers. Never once seen it look good. And I saw Tom Brady (NE Patriots QB) try to pull it off at a fashion show. Made him look like a middle-aged accountant with a beer-gut... and that dude is in phenomenal physical condition.

The "cardigan under blazer" has to be in the top-5 fashion no-no's of all time. Big stinky nasty beards full of yesterday's lunch top that list by a huge HUGE margin. Of course, this walking hipster colostomy-bag probably thinks he's being ironic which makes him feel intellectually powerful. He has yet to learn that irony is only "clever" to intellectual midgets and high-school drama queens.

There... did you enjoy the evisceration?
devil.gif

laphroaig

Reaction score
I would like to add that even Sator appears to agree with Fuuma regarding drop crotch trousers and play with proportions.... http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/f...5&postcount=18 I would personally like to see something like Hakama become traditional western business wear at some future point and perhaps for banyan to be worn by older gentlefolk going to some old fogy traditional evening entertainment like a rave. To say that the current popular (or rather perceived by MC as recent traditional) clothing like the suit is some kind of aesthetic ideal is very short sighted. It is fashion, just like any other, and historically not even one of the longer lived ones.

winston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was going to comment but then I realised I hadn't put in the required study to truly understand the degenerate.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by winston
I was going to comment but then I realised I hadn't put in the required study to truly understand the degenerate.

Smart man. I learned this the hard way. Don't make my mistake or you feel the full force of those smoke rings as well.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually like Luca's look very much today

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads