• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

IIIrd Icon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aqhong
^ Agree with indesertum. I wouldn't go so far as to say you deserved to be banned, and by all accounts the moderators there have some serious issues, but you really need to learn to shut the **** up. When I clicked on those links, I was expecting you to at least be retaliating against fit hate or something, but no one even hated on your fits! 90% of new posters start off on worse footing than you did, and you never once stopped to consider how most of them manage to stick around?

There's absolutely no excuse for you to have been banned, except for the fact that you had to prattle on and on in every thread, trying to ingratiate yourself with everyone, and then when people told you to shut up, you only talked louder and harder, and then started doing what every butthurt noob does (and this is really what sealed the deal), which is to rail against the forum "establishment" or "groupthink" or some bullshit (which is the most annoying thing ever; see Composer_1777 on SF). And worst of all, you're still doing it here.

No hate, Kent, just some honest advice on how to avoid being banned again if you should ever feel the urge to return to sufu.

hate to say it Kent, but ^ so true. "the stiffest bamboo is the easiest to crack". gotta learn how to dodge bullitz like Neo Anderson.

just like in the real world, you usually get picked on as a noob/new kid in the block. but, unlike in real life, it's just the interwebz ... nobody gets whacked here fo real [like in the old school cartoons], so gotta lighten up a bit. i crossed over here basically cuz of the effing "rep" deal, but i've been over that ages ago.

aeglus

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
kent I was cringing seeing your replies so not too surprised you got banned. sufu isn't like SF where it takes ages to get banned. It's one of those places that it's better to see how things work, or stay in superdenim. Supertrash is asking for **** no matter what thread, even the waywt ones.

Originally Posted by Andysrus
what shoes are those? i really like it
agreed that they're good for the price, fratelli rossetti horse hide
Originally Posted by CBrown85
bah hah. Was browsing that lol thread on superfuture that was linked and saw someone actually wearin something nice. poster: aegeuls
some day someone is going to spell my username right, still hasn't ever happened yet

ahjota

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fuji
IMG_3129.jpg
Coat: Vivienne Westwood Shirt: Ralph Lauren T shirt: Uniqlo Jeans: APC petite standard Shoes: Churchs Watch: Rolex date just

Wanted to quote this because 1) I like the Westwood coat, and 2) I like the play between the madras (?) shirt and everything else. I see madras in more preppy fits so often that this is refreshing.

jet

Persian Bro
Reaction score
Originally Posted by indesertum

^ Agree with indesertum...

I could have told you the above were the case and I didn't even click the sufu threads. In the exchange I had with him here he kept going and going and going while I stopped he still kept going. Not many people are interested in that, I can tell you that personally I'm too old to be arguing with kids on the internet myself, not surprised you got banned for being annoying.

Listi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by fuji
http://i724.photobucket.com/albums/ww241/BchanR/IMG_3129.jpg[IMG] Coat: Vivienne Westwood Shirt: Ralph Lauren T shirt: Uniqlo Jeans: APC petite standard Shoes: Churchs Watch: Rolex date just[/I]
Loving the fit, jean fit is ballin', heroin addict skinny.

Kent Money

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
WARNING - Long post defending myself. DO NOT READ
Originally Posted by indesertum
im kinda glad kentmoney got banned. wouldn't shut his traphole/fingers. sufu ppl are just ppl. if you had stopped ******** up every single thread or stopped trying to banter with everybody i think ppl would've been more lenient. yes hap's moderation is a little mean, but damn. you gotta know when to shut up.
Who says who gets to have the last say? I'm not one to sit there and take punches. Regardless, it was supertrash, isn't that where all the 'thread ********' is taken to? Either way, I'm glad you can enjoy SuFu without me there, I think that place was meant for people like you. I must also add, hella people were repping me for holding my ground, soooo..
^ Agree with indesertum. I wouldn't go so far as to say you deserved to be banned, and by all accounts the moderators there have some serious issues, but you really need to learn to shut the **** up. When I clicked on those links, I was expecting you to at least be retaliating against fit hate or something, but no one even hated on your fits! 90% of new posters start off on worse footing than you did, and you never once stopped to consider how most of them manage to stick around? There's absolutely no excuse for you to have been banned, except for the fact that you had to prattle on and on in every thread, trying to ingratiate yourself with everyone, and then when people told you to shut up, you only talked louder and harder, and then started doing what every butthurt noob does (and this is really what sealed the deal), which is to rail against the forum "establishment" or "groupthink" or some bullshit (which is the most annoying thing ever; see Composer_1777 on SF). And worst of all, you're still doing it here. No hate, Kent, just some honest advice on how to avoid being banned again if you should ever feel the urge to return to sufu.
Don't get me wrong, although I was surprised to have received the ban, I'm definitely not losing any sleep over it (I slept till 1PM today, eek!). Sure, I considered that the way one stays on SuFu is by letting everyone tell them to shut up, but whatever, I didn't wanna stand for that. In addition, when I attempted to stop the banter, and re-divert attention away from it, people continued to bring it up. Soooo, i continued to retort. And it really bugs me when people like CMF think they got some wisdom that I am unaware of. That guy is seriously white fuckin trash. He wonders why his kids play video games all day, well, probably because hes out in his patio smoking cigarettes with his baby-momma taking photos for SuFu or going to hip skate-jams while his kids are home alone. Jackass. I'm not gonna let him have the last word on that, that's for sure, and I dont care if it gets me banned. The fact that he is one of SuFu's prime members, and has something like 1000 rep, goes to show what type of personality succeeds over there. The guy is seriously whack. For example, I posted that picture of my poodle and he had to go on and talk **** on the poodle by posting a picture of his pitbull or whatever because 'it's sooo kewwlll and it'll kick ur poodles ass!.' Wow, sounds like a redneck from Florida to me.
Originally Posted by connor
kent you made a jackass of yourself on sufu... im embarassed for you. you came off like a little kid
Please don't feel embarrassed for me, I'm sure you have enough issues to handle yourself (just like anyone else). And honestly, it seems that acting juvenile is standard over there, at least in supertrash. It's the section where you're allowed to be a dumbass, right? And speaking of kids, Connor...
Originally Posted by IIIrd Icon
hate to say it Kent, but ^ so true. "the stiffest bamboo is the easiest to crack". gotta learn how to dodge bullitz like Neo Anderson. just like in the real world, you usually get picked on as a noob/new kid in the block. but, unlike in real life, it's just the interwebz ... nobody gets whacked here fo real [like in the old school cartoons], so gotta lighten up a bit. i crossed over here basically cuz of the effing "rep" deal, but i've been over that ages ago.
You know what you're right, in the real world the new kid does get picked on. And often, if they get their ass tossed around enough, they'll get 'initiated.' Well, there is the other side of the coin where the new kid at school WONT TAKE ****, and I think people end up either hating him more or respecting him more. If it's the former, he goes on with his life to bigger and better things. I like to think that's what happened here. Right, I was being a hardass noob, but I think people were being unnecessarily dick because they are already 'one of them.' At the risk of sounding self-aggrandizing, the fact that I was off to a better start than 90% of the posters was part of the reason why I think I got so much hate...
wink.gif
Originally Posted by aeglus
kent I was cringing seeing your replies so not too surprised you got banned. sufu isn't like SF where it takes ages to get banned. It's one of those places that it's better to see how things work, or stay in superdenim. Supertrash is asking for **** no matter what thread, even the waywt ones.
You're right, I was unawares of the extreme moderation that SuFu is subject to, it's nothing like over here at SF. But I guess that's one of the reasons why SF has always been my go-to forum (I've had a SuFu account for ages but I only recently started to be active over there). In addtion, for the reasons tigerFormula stated earlier, that's why I'm not losin any sleep over being banned. +1 rep for StyleForum
smile.gif
Bottom line: Maybe I was annoying, but I shouldn't have been banned.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For all the hate that gets thrown around for SuFu around here I find it to be less of a circle jerk than styleforum. If it hadn't been for the failed redesign that sent so many users away for good, it'd be a better forum. Whiny noobs who think their fits are impeccable when they really aren't and then wanting to start a flame war is a major detraction and should lead to a banning. The two forums just have a different atmosphere. Kent ought to just let it die already.

That's just my opinion.

Kent Money

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by xchen
Whiny noobs who think their fits are impeccable when they really aren't and then wanting to start a flame war is a major detraction and should lead to a banning.
i really don't understand where you gather this from. This was not part of the issue at all... Speaking of flame, nice pic in worst of WAYWT
smile.gif
Originally Posted by connor
cheep is one of my favorite posters. dudes tight
Just what an impressionable young lad might think.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You are right, I have wound up in the worst of WAYWT several times. That has nothing to do with it being a bad forum, just with me choosing to post ****** fits. If I wanted I could delete the pics in question from my photobucket, but I've always just left them there.

The difference was you bitched about it and felt a need to defend yourself (at least on here if not on SuFu as well). You acted like a big baby and when not everyone decided to grab your back you got butthurt. Don't make me eLaugh.

Kent Money

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Christian of Hipsterville in the suburbs, At no point was I bitching becase my WAYWT got dissed or anything like that. Why are you using this as an example? Does not compute. If you didn't defend yourself it was probably because 1.) you're a pushover or 2.) you agreed with the verdict As much as I'd like to discuss this on a public forum, let's stop for the sake of those who dont give a ****...

Brothersport

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Money
Christian of Hipsterville in the suburbs,

At no point was I bitching becase my WAYWT got dissed or anything like that. Why are you using this as an example?

Does not compute.

This discussion could not be in a worse thread.

Ppl here want you to shut up not to keep you down or make you angry, but to keep this thread from ending up in DT. The last page or two has been unreadable. Plz stop arguing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads