1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

The WAYWT Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Eason, Feb 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

For all the hate on that jacket, I'm surprised that the fabric is matched on the sleeves, that's generally something you only see on the better tailoring. Hell, a number of the runway suits don't have that attention to detail

2. jet

jet Senior member

^would you wear that jacket?

3. dragonxking

dragonxking Senior member

major shoe fail. the rest looks good.

Really? I thought the shoes looked fine. [​IMG]

4. KitAkira

KitAkira Senior member

^would you wear that jacket?
    No, but I wouldn't wear a jacket with unmatched sleeve patterns either

5. sq4you

sq4you Senior member

I have a jacket in almost the same pattern. It's a deadstock GANT. Now I feel as though I must poast a fit.

despite the fact that i own gant, it, like all other brands on earth (even lanvin), can produce some fugly shit.

6. PaulYAY

PaulYAY Senior member

really? i find that very surprising. can you show a more detailed photo of them?

+1. Looks like you bought some typical gaudy prefades and are now lying about them being 5 year old raw denim. lol.

7. surrender

surrender Senior member

Starting food blog with all of my oriental friends today, so I ate like $100 of cheap food, bloated as hell. This is my 'workwear' though, hipster X fat bellied bastard status all day at work.

[​IMG]

TOJ daypack
    MMM jacket
    AA hoody
    Muji v neck tee
    APC black stretch denim
    MMM hitops
    Sinn 356 Flieger I

Love the fit on those jeans. Are they Petite Standards or New Cures?

8. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

they're called 'stretch denim' on the tag.. haha. I think they're from a couple years ago, I have two pairs. Riri zipper fly.

9. aqhong

aqhong Senior member

10. Listi

Listi Senior member

ORLY? You dissed mine.

What do you want me to say? Black velcro mmm with all white outfit vs. beat white lace up mmm with sick leather and skinny apc's, one looks good, one looks bad. Yours wasn't the good one.

11. I<3Bacon

I<3Bacon Senior member

they're called 'stretch denim' on the tag.. haha. I think they're from a couple years ago, I have two pairs. Riri zipper fly.

I have the same jeans. Measurements match up to the same tagged size PS almost verbatim. Raw PS just had one more inch of back rise and 3 more inches of inseam.

12. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Senior member

rainy day, stepped out to go to the post office [​IMG] 4HM handknit Cowichan sweater APC oxford shirt APC NS RW 875

13. indesertum

indesertum Senior member

the tuck and cuff kinda sucks

but daaaaaaaamn. that cowichan sweater is top on my list

14. Kent Money

Kent Money Senior member

I dont think he was really trying to tuck (more like resting the cuffs on the tongue). Looks good Drew, the colors are very noice. Uncontrol asked me to post this picture of him [​IMG]

15. XenoX101

XenoX101 Senior member

You can't compare Cate Blanchett to Uncontrol, you just can't.

16. benjamin831

benjamin831 Senior member

First WAYWT on this side of the forum. Hopefully I make the cut.

Spent the weekend down at Newport Beach. Made a stop at Huntington Beach on my way back to LA. It was a fantastic day.

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

MTM Shirt
    Wings + Horns
    Visvim
    The Flat Head
    Converse

17. asobu

asobu Senior member

very nice, impolyt! glad you're posting more fits. those apc's are unbelievable, probably the best pair i've seen, and should shut up all the &quot;real&quot; denim heads who keep hatin on apc.

18. MortyGras

MortyGras Senior member

impolyt_one, That is just great. Not a big fan of the overly large boots, but the sweater, the jeans and the colouration in general is amazing.

19. Suicmez

Suicmez Senior member

Armani Collezioni Cashmere Blazer
    Zenga Cashmere Sweater
    AJ Armani Jeans
    Ferragamo Chukkas
    Giorgio Armani Sunglasses
    Silver Wire Bracelet (made by myself)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

^ Can't help it, they were $30 in the Bloomingdales bargain barrel. They are raw denim, they are really much darker but there was a lot of light. I've had them for 5 years, they've gotten pretty worn.

I guess everyone's feeling really nice today

The jacket looks like crap with the jeans, the length on the sleeves isn't bad, but it looks too short in the body. The buttoning is a huge fail, you only unbuttoned the bottom one, making your top half look very awkward and shortened. Unbutton the bottom AND top button next time. That blazer just makes you look like you're trying too hard, and considering your age, really makes you look stupid. I thought you didn't want to draw attention to yourself for fear of getting *shudder* mugged. [​IMG]

Kent is right, the crewneck under the blazer looks dumb, just like you threw on the blazer over top but forget a proper shirt. It also shortens up your top half. Should have had a shirt and maybe a v-neck sweater/cardigan instead.

And as for the jeans, I think Connor basically called you on your bluff. What 12 year old goes to buy jeans that are raw, wears them for 5 years, and somehow they still fit him after he's grown more than 6 inches in height, and I dunno how many pounds/inches in the waist. Plus, what 12 year old KNOWS about raw denim? Your jeans have magically defied the trials of puberty, congratulations.
    Seriously, I don't even think AJ has ever made a pair of raw denim. The jeans look ugly, your better bet would have been a pair of trousers or maybe (but probably not since your swagger arrow is stuck at zero) a pair of darker jeans.

I seriously don't get what your problem is. You post mismatched outfits of nothing but trashy designer pieces that in no way work together, then when the shit hits the fan, you just start lying and/or making excuses. If you're trying to dress older, start acting like it too.

^Benjamin, solid first post, and nice dog.

20. Riio

Riio Senior member

damn dude, settle down

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.