• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

J Crew S/S 10 Discussion

pronxs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
quick question. do j crew shirts L fits like gitman L? ive been eyeing the stuff that staver has been bringing in but not sure of the sizing.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pronxs
quick question. do j crew shirts L fits like gitman L? ive been eyeing the stuff that staver has been bringing in but not sure of the sizing.
Gitman vintage larges are much slimmer. - J.Crew larges measure 3" wider in the waist. -Gitmans have an extra 1/2" in the sleeves. -J.Crew larges are also fuller in the upper arm by about 3/4" and 1/2" in the forearm. -Gitmans are about 1/2" longer in torso length. -Gitman armholes are cut higher and slimmer. I wear larges in both but Gitman are far superior in shape.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ctrlaltelite
just got a wool flannel ludlow suit
+1. I hope it fits the way I want.

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by joel_954
Any comments on the J.Crew cotton Ludlow suit in a Navy color this season?

It okay for SW&D types, but not MC approved. The lapels are way too slim (You would need a 1"-2" tie to match the lapels) and the jacket is too short.

joel_954

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deveandepot1
It okay for SW&D types, but not MC approved. The lapels are way too slim (You would need a 1"-2" tie to match the lapels) and the jacket is too short.

Would this BR cotton suit be a better option?

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by joel_954
Would this BR cotton suit be a better option?

Which one?

mmm

Reaction score
I ordered the wool flannel ludlow suit for $210 a couple of days ago too. Hope it fits well enough.

BrianVarick

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mmm
I ordered the wool flannel ludlow suit for $210 a couple of days ago too. Hope it fits well enough.

I thought about getting that deal, but passed because H&M suits are half as much. Great deal for that suit though.

lynchpatrickj

Reaction score
I was depressed to learn that J Crew sized small shirts are a little too slim for my shoulders, which aren't particularly broad. Tried on the 484 in my size, and it's comically slim-fitting; probably not something most people could be taken seriously while wearing, unfortunately. Wierdly enough, the outlet shirts fit me much better than the flagship merchandise does! Anybody else have the same experience?

torontolaker

Reaction score
Originally Posted by lynchpatrickj
I was depressed to learn that J Crew sized small shirts are a little too slim for my shoulders, which aren't particularly broad. Tried on the 484 in my size, and it's comically slim-fitting; probably not something most people could be taken seriously while wearing, unfortunately. Wierdly enough, the outlet shirts fit me much better than the flagship merchandise does! Anybody else have the same experience?
my shoulders are pretty broad with lean muscules from working out and I find their shirts pretty good actually... They're supposed to be kind of a little muscle-hugging from what I heard

Meis

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lynchpatrickj
Really? I've always felt the shoulders on the smalls were normal sized- if not a little broader than normal. And the 484s are comically slim fitting compared to what? I'd say they're a little looser through the thighs than levi's 511s. Yeah they're pretty slim compared to other jcrew pants/jeans, but thats not saying a ton.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.4%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 27 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 17.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads