J Crew S/S 10 Discussion

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by deveandepot1, Dec 30, 2009.

1. pronxs

pronxs Senior member

quick question. do j crew shirts L fits like gitman L? ive been eyeing the stuff that staver has been bringing in but not sure of the sizing.

2. StephenHero

StephenHero Black Floridian

quick question. do j crew shirts L fits like gitman L? ive been eyeing the stuff that staver has been bringing in but not sure of the sizing.
    Gitman vintage larges are much slimmer. - J.Crew larges measure 3" wider in the waist. -Gitmans have an extra 1/2" in the sleeves. -J.Crew larges are also fuller in the upper arm by about 3/4" and 1/2" in the forearm. -Gitmans are about 1/2" longer in torso length. -Gitman armholes are cut higher and slimmer. I wear larges in both but Gitman are far superior in shape.

3. deveandepot1

deveandepot1 Senior member

just got a wool flannel ludlow suit
    +1. I hope it fits the way I want.

4. joel_954

joel_954 Senior member

5. deveandepot1

Any comments on the J.Crew cotton Ludlow suit in a Navy color this season?

It okay for SW&D types, but not MC approved. The lapels are way too slim (You would need a 1"-2" tie to match the lapels) and the jacket is too short.

6. joel_954

joel_954 Senior member

It okay for SW&D types, but not MC approved. The lapels are way too slim (You would need a 1"-2" tie to match the lapels) and the jacket is too short.

Would this BR cotton suit be a better option?

7. deveandepot1

Would this BR cotton suit be a better option?

Which one?

8. mmm

mmm Senior member

I ordered the wool flannel ludlow suit for $210 a couple of days ago too. Hope it fits well enough.

9. joel_954

joel_954 Senior member

10. BrianVarick

BrianVarick Senior member

Not sure why the link didn't get attached.

It's this one: http://bananarepublic.gap.com/browse...6&oid=OUT17006

It's really up to you, I am a big fan of the Ludlow fit, but some are not as enthused about it. It would be nice to try both on. You can always return it I guess if you didn't like how it fit.

11. BrianVarick

BrianVarick Senior member

I ordered the wool flannel ludlow suit for $210 a couple of days ago too. Hope it fits well enough.

I thought about getting that deal, but passed because H&M suits are half as much. Great deal for that suit though.

12. joel_954

joel_954 Senior member

Ya, the BR one is $213 after Bing Cashback whereas the J.Crew is $330.

13. lynchpatrickj

lynchpatrickj Senior member

I was depressed to learn that J Crew sized small shirts are a little too slim for my shoulders, which aren't particularly broad. Tried on the 484 in my size, and it's comically slim-fitting; probably not something most people could be taken seriously while wearing, unfortunately. Wierdly enough, the outlet shirts fit me much better than the flagship merchandise does! Anybody else have the same experience?

14. torontolaker

torontolaker Senior member

I was depressed to learn that J Crew sized small shirts are a little too slim for my shoulders, which aren't particularly broad. Tried on the 484 in my size, and it's comically slim-fitting; probably not something most people could be taken seriously while wearing, unfortunately. Wierdly enough, the outlet shirts fit me much better than the flagship merchandise does! Anybody else have the same experience?
    my shoulders are pretty broad with lean muscules from working out and I find their shirts pretty good actually... They're supposed to be kind of a little muscle-hugging from what I heard

15. Meis

Meis Senior member

Really? I've always felt the shoulders on the smalls were normal sized- if not a little broader than normal. And the 484s are comically slim fitting compared to what? I'd say they're a little looser through the thighs than levi's 511s. Yeah they're pretty slim compared to other jcrew pants/jeans, but thats not saying a ton.