• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^^really i always liked black cordovan. i feel that the aged old cordovan boots actually have better character buildup in terms of how the shine fades and the creases etc.

but #8's definitely have much better patina/color with wear

sellran

Reaction score
Originally Posted by rolling green
Roys look fantastic. Any weather treatment? Are you using trees? They're developing a very nice patina too.

I've been using Montana Pitch-Blend Leather Dressing that I bought at Leffot. It does darken them. And I haven't used shoe trees.

Fiddy

Reaction score
Just caved and pre-ordered the Roys.
devil.gif

Trapp

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by sellran
Several people have asked to see the Roy boots after some normal wear. Here are mine, worn about twice a week since last fall.

Thanks for the roy pics. They look nice. With the saddle dressing treatment they almost look like kudu leather, at least in the pics. Quite a bit darker with less red peaking through than other roys I've seen. Granted, I haven't seen many.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edubs01
So I received my black Indy boots today in size 7.5
I tried them on with a pair of medium weight boot socks.
My big toe hits right around where the white stitching curves around the toebox. Does that sound about right? There is def some room but I feel that the 7s will be too tight.

I size down a half in all my Indies. These seem like they might be a touch too big.

skunkworks

Reaction score
Preordered the Barrie wingtip boot from LeatherSoul in snuff suede. RAHHHHH

LeatherSOUL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DrZRM
Oh wow! Tom, can you please do a special order for these for us in the US?

Sorry! My ravello is allocated for other models.

velomane

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL

Are you saying there may be another imminent preorder for something in ravello? Do tell!

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
got my shoes the other day ... amazing job Tom!!! i wore the SF boots today

leather soul's 5th anniversary chukka boot in #8
4307331381_c317f329da.jpg

4308072176_4786e4f610.jpg

4307331685_9167a1ce6a.jpg

leather soul x styleforum boot in black
4307331847_85646d653b.jpg

4308072668_051bc9d17d.jpg

4307332269_b123c42ba3.jpg

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Need to know!!

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RKD those are pretty nice

dougie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by LeatherSOUL

Those aren't a regular Alden model or something you've done before, are they? The design is pretty much perfect regardless of the leather used.

jasonfoote303

Reaction score
chromexels.jpg

My latest pick up. Basically a "Roy" shoe. Brown Chromexcel leather, natural reverse welt, plantation crepe sole. I have a decent amount of boots at this point so I wanted to find a casual shoe. These were the winners!

Got them from Leffot in NYC. My wife and I ended up chatting with Steven for about two hours about shoes. His store is beautiful and his knowledge and selection of shoes is amazing. It was a fantastic experience. Highly recommended!

zazaza

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jasonfoote303
chromexels.jpg

My latest pick up. Basically a "Roy" shoe. Brown Chromexcel leather, natural reverse welt, plantation crepe sole. I have a decent amount of boots at this point so I wanted to find a casual shoe. These were the winners!

Got them from Leffot in NYC. My wife and I ended up chatting with Steven for about two hours about shoes. His store is beautiful and his knowledge and selection of shoes is amazing. It was a fantastic experience. Highly recommended!

while i disagree with your choice in socks i can honestly say those look awesome and are pretty much exactly what i'm looking for. great pickup.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads