• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks Brothers Xmas Promotion

deveandepot1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by JayJay
Those are not from this season, right? I still see suits from '08, too. I saw this in SF last week and I know Chicago has some too. I'm in DC now and have seen the same thing. Although the old stock costs more, the quality is better.

The SA told me they're from a previous season but there wasn't a season tag on the label so I'm not sure which season

It was even shorter than the Autumn 2007 ones that were selling like mad here a few months ago

But I'd still hit it. Was a sweet suit

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deveandepot1
Does anyone think they will have a Black Fleece sale day?
I doubt it. If so, it'll be a non-SF-approved 15% or something lame.

adambparker

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have them in burgundy. My favorite boots, hands-down. Mine are about a year old, I've been polishing them with Meltonian Bordeaux polish and they're developing a nice patina. The leather is really top-notch, supple and breaking in wonderfully.

Originally Posted by Swan Song
http://www.brooksbrothers.com/IWCatP...color=Burgundy

I bought these in burgandy....C&J or AS?

I love pebble-grain.

And Chukkas.

And 40% off. Plus a $20 BB (December)birthday card.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by deveandepot1
Does anyone think they will have a Black Fleece sale day?
My guess is no, given that BF was not included in the discounts that were earlier this week and the seemingly limited supply of BF items.

hobscrk777

Reaction score
Something strange just happened..
eh.gif

Last night (during the 40% off sale) when I tried to add the brown cap-toe blucher in 11D, the website indicated they were out of stock. Out of curiosity, I added the shoe to my cart just now, it went into my shopping bag just fine. Think they're trying to pull a fast one?

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by hobscrk777
Something strange just happened..
eh.gif

Last night (during the 40% off sale) when I tried to add the brown cap-toe blucher in 11D, the website indicated they were out of stock. Out of curiosity, I added the shoe to my cart just now, it went into my shopping bag just fine. Think they're trying to pull a fast one?

Their web site is notorious for issues like this.

Hustle Harder

Reaction score
A salesperson at the store today told me there might be a day after christmas sale, but corporate does not give them any advance notice so it's just his hunch, for whatever its worth.

Exalt

Reaction score
FYI: There are some Black Fleece items (suits, blazers, sweaters) for sale on the website right now.

furo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Exalt
FYI: There are some Black Fleece items (suits, blazers, sweaters) for sale on the website right now.

I kind of like this one, but I don't have the sack to pull it off:
BF Glenplaid Suit

Not bad for 50% off and this one's made in Italy, not by Southwick

Exalt

Reaction score
Originally Posted by furo
I kind of like this one, but I don't have the sack to pull it off: BF Glenplaid Suit Not bad for 50% off and this one's made in Italy, not by Southwick
I actually like that one as well... and I have the exact same fear! On a random note, does anyone know why the pictures of the BBBF suits when you click on "Looks" have ticket pockets, but then when you go to the pictures of just the suits themselves there aren't ticket pockets?

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by furo
I kind of like this one, but I don't have the sack to pull it off:
BF Glenplaid Suit

Not bad for 50% off and this one's made in Italy, not by Southwick

You don't need to have the sack to pull it off though. I'm slim without any stomach at all and the jackets fit me well.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads