• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks Brothers Xmas Promotion

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by furo
The cordovan wallets seem like a decent deal considering I normally don't see those go on sale and/or clearance
I think so, too. They'll probably not be on deep discount again any time soon.

Alec_Jan

Reaction score
Any feedback on quality of BB bags? Looking at picking up the canvas briefcase @ $170 instead of the Filson medium bag I've been looking at -- bad idea?

softbakedgoods

Reaction score
so are all shoes (minus cordovan) 40% off today? or just wallets and accessories?

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by softbakedgoods
so are all shoes (minus cordovan) 40% off today? or just wallets and accessories?

Shoes are discounted

mrchapel

Reaction score

All shoes. The price on their website in red is the sale price (40% off regular prices).

mrchapel

Reaction score
Originally Posted by furo
I don't think they take an additional 40% off the clearance prices though (shoes that is)

The price in red is the price you'll pay.

softbakedgoods

Reaction score
are the prices worth it? I'm eyeing on a pair of Peal & Co. suede/leather balmoral captoes.

g-double

Reaction score
Can someone from Brooks give us the heads up on what the forthcoming specials are going to be?

Dewey

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
are the prices worth it? I'm eyeing on a pair of Peal & Co. suede/leather balmoral captoes.

For sure. Anything Peal (Crockett and Jones or Alfred Sargent) or anything Made in USA (Alden) is well worth Brooks' regular price less 40%. Is that price the cheapest you'll ever see? Hard to say. There have been better prices in the past, but it's clear that BB has been making an effort to reduce inventory so it's possible that nothing good will make it to clearance (as was the case when they were surprised by the financial collapse & stuck with a glut).

hobscrk777

Reaction score
Anyone know who makes the Peal wingtip balmoral? Judging by the online pictures, it has a single row of nails on the heel. Is this Crockett & Jones?

x26

Reaction score
Nothing in my size...
plain.gif

Wallcloud

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by x26
Nothing in my size...
plain.gif

I am a size 14... never anything in my size.
ffffuuuu.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads