• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA CHILLICOTHE WORK JACKET Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Chillicothe Work Jacket is an elevated take on the classic Detroit Work Jacket. Made of ultra-premium 14-ounce Japanese canvas, it has been meticulously washed and hand distressed to replicate vintage workwear that’s been worn for years, and available in three colors.

This just dropped today. If you missed out on the preorder, there are some sizes left, but they won't be around for long. Check out the remaining stock here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The streetwear shoes and boots thread...No sneakers please

MS007

Reaction score
I think I m in love ....
church-leonardo-boot-01.jpg
church-leonardo-boot-02.jpg

cicero79

Reaction score
Update on the boots worn in outlier pics. Apparently they are DKNY Boots, model name unknown as the guy who wears them also does not remember what they were called.

Caveat

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Random question- Why do so many boots have a darker color on the toe like they've been burnt or something? Is there a name for that? I personally hate that look, but it's really common.

Brian SD

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Caveat
Random question- Why do so many boots have a darker color on the toe like they've been burnt or something? Is there a name for that? I personally hate that look, but it's really common.
Antiquing. Happens naturally over time, but can also be a factory treatment (as above).

mlyngard

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MortyGras
Why? They look like about a zillion other plain toe boots with a beefy sole?

Originally Posted by Robert
they look a little silly

Why the hate, gents? I mean, there's a reason why GTs, Commandos, Docs and the such are go-to daily boots for many. Not everyone wants to make a statement with their footwear all the time.

I really like those.

jessetk313

Reaction score
Originally Posted by slide13
Did a custom order on some White's Semi-Dress back in early November and they showed up today. I'm thrilled with them, they turned out exactly as I wanted and the quality is amazing. My Alden boots are nice, but these are another level.

dsc2496w.jpg

dsc2510.jpg

(for those interested there are more pics in the SUFU "...better with age" thread)

Those boots look beautiful. How much did they cost, and how do you go about doing a custom order with them? I was viewing their website and see nothing mentioned. thanks

slide13

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
These were $454 shipped. I called and talked to them briefly about doing a custom order to figure out the process. Basically I just traced my feet on some paper and took a few measurements (you can find the measurement instructions on their website). I then mailed that in along with their order form (also on the website) and a letter describing exactly what I wanted on my boots. That was done in early November. Less then a month later the boots arrived.

These are custom ordered in terms of options, but they are just standard 11.5D in size, they are not a custom last (though that is an option for an additional fee if necessary). Now that I have ordered one pair any reorder will just be for an 11.5D and I will not need to send in foot tracings or anything.

The hardest part with White's is figuring out what all the options are and what they look like. www.BakerShoe.com has most of the options listed on their White's page. I ended up going with:

brown dress leather
leather toe cap in same
double leather soles
tan leather lining
antique eyelets (all eyes, no hooks)
standard cut top
single Celastic toe box reinforcement

MortyGras

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mlyngard
Why the hate, gents? I mean, there's a reason why GTs, Commandos, Docs and the such are go-to daily boots for many. Not everyone wants to make a statement with their footwear all the time.

I really like those.

Not hating at all. But he was talking like he was gasping for air when he saw them.
They are very neutral.

KitAkira

Wait! Wait! I gots an opinion!
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by jessetk313
Those boots look beautiful. How much did they cost, and how do you go about doing a custom order with them? I was viewing their website and see nothing mentioned. thanks
IF you live in LA check out The Stronghold, Bill does White's custom orders (he's active on sufu, think there may be a thread)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 97 38.0%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 92 36.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 29 11.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 42 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 14.9%

Forum statistics

Threads