• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Official Temple of Jawnz Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryannn

Reaction score
Originally Posted by ryanmnguyen
I was wondering are you still making another run of Varsities, and do you think there is Maroon melton?

Originally Posted by impolyt_one
yes and yes

He said that on the 30th, so I guess it was almost a week ago.

wttm

Reaction score
Thanks a lot!
This thread is moving as fast as the one on SuFu
ffffuuuu.gif
. I come here for my TOJ fix cause the one over there is too much for me to follow.

lefty02guns

Reaction score
The shirts look great. Is it possible to pick them up in person?

Also, do you have a seperate prices in won for pick ups?

Thanks.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by lefty02guns
The shirts look great. Is it possible to pick them up in person?

Also, do you have a seperate prices in won for pick ups?

Thanks.

yes and yes, they'll be ready in a week so hit me up then.

First run: black oxford
Second run: ?
Third run: ?

choose some colors, we have a bunch. Red oxford will happen but we are not sure when, that black oxford in the sample comes from a great series of heavy oxfords that has a really dark rich blood red oxford that doesn't look so weak that it could be mistaken for pink, while remaining oxford. Not sure where red will come in the order though, I like white and white-based striped oxfords a lot too....

aqhong

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by impolyt_one
that black oxford in the sample comes from a great series of heavy oxfords that has a really dark rich blood red oxford that doesn't look so weak that it could be mistaken for pink, while remaining oxford.
This sounds great, any chance of a swatch pic? I think you should do the basics for the first few runs: black, white, blue, red
smile.gif
Originally Posted by lovelysteve
so first run will be black not grey?
Heh. I have a feeling this is going to come up again and again, so much so that I tried to preempt it on the unofficial product page. Anyway: Oxford cloth is usually made up of a colored warp and white weft interwoven together, which produces an intermediate shade. So "black oxford" looks gray (black+white), "red oxford" looks pink (red+white), etc. This also means regular oxfords will never be darker in shade than about the gray seen in the sample pic, since it always involves some amount of white. Overdyed oxfords on the other hand have their warp and weft threads dyed to the same color, and so can be pretty much any color you want (including solid black).
teacha.gif

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
btw Biscotti and wmmk; sorry to air out pm's, but I'm not interested in taking custom orders for shirting using your fabrics; I just don't have the time and I'm trying to tighten my output to 'my' stuff, so apologies for that.

Johnny Amiga

Reaction score
Burgundy and navy shirts asap please. Altho maybe burgundy would look better as an overdye.

Also, would it be possible to get a shirt without the pocket, or would that need MTM? The placket detail is nice and I love the cuffs, but I prefer my shirts without a pocket.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
it'd have to be MTM, but that might be the limit of my MTM options as well. Not gonna change fabrics or change design details like the combo placket for individual MTMs, it's just gonna chug along, extra stuff (even just deletion mods) slows down everything tremendously. You could also take a seam ripper to the pocket on a new shirt, wash and press it (should get rid of the holes, since oxford is a loose woven fabric inherently), and have a pocketless shirt that way.

impolyt_one

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
BTW, a lot of TOJ samples and stuff coming up very soon, I need to clean my closet out, its getting ridiculous and I'm sitting on all that lost money that I'd like to free up, maybe get another run of shirts paid for, partly at least.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads