• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • UNIFORM LA Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants Drop, going on right now.

Uniform LA's Japanese BDU Camo Cargo Pants are now live. These cargos are based off vintage US Army BDU (Battle Dress Uniform) cargos. They're made of a premium 13.5-ounce Japanese twill that has been sulfur dyed for a vintage look. Every detail has been carried over from the inspiration and elevated. Available in two colorways, tundra and woodland. Please find them here

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Random fashion thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nouveau Pauvre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Uncontrol
where can i get t-shirts with naked/half naked ladies on them

serious question

Passerella Death Squad.

zissou

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by wagthesam
Just to repeat myself... lol i meant brown as in people from india. Hispanics being regarded primarily as brown people is a huge shock to me, as I go to a school where 80% of the engineering faculty refers to themselves as brown (my version).

WTF! I am Indian and I am going to beat your ass!!

shoreman1782

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug

Fun racist story. My buddys and i (1 of them black and totally clean and articulate) went to steak and shake one night after drinking in college and the waitress asked us all what we wanted to order and when she came to the black guy said "let me guess, you want the chicken". And he just fake-flipped out on her (was really just giving her a hard time and making her feel bad more than actually being offended). He then continued to ask if they had the seasonal watermelon milkshake and other related things for the rest of the evening. The jokes didn't stop the entire dinner and i saw her crying in the back. I think she later told us that he was there a few nights before and got the chicken fingers so she just guessed that was his regular order. Good times

. .

Joe E Taleo

Reaction score
Originally Posted by shoreman1782
. .

Um, I had the exact same thought.

Wagthesam, that Russell Peters is pretty funny, and you can probably chill out about the brown thing.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Haha. No, this guy is unreal. Funniest mother ****** in the world and now with a degree from an ivy. I wouldn't really say clean though. Always would ask me for some deoderant between classes when we were in high school
confused.gif

whodini

Conan OOOOOOO"BRIEN!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by aeglus
I think I shouldn't have given a damn about chainstitching. I forgot it takes a few days of waiting to get it done at SE and I'm impatiently waiting to get some bruised hips again
frown.gif

Wish more people would take your advice. Unless it's a free service included when purchasing your jeans, it simply isn't worth the added effort, time, or money, especially when you don't live anywhere near a union special.
Originally Posted by Hummingbird
WTF? Whodini is "hispanic"? He's whiter than I am. Hell, he's whiter than 90% of Britain - minus the Irish. Ideas of racial identity are largely vapid and self satisfying. There little to be said for even the concept of races - just gradients between phenotypic characteristics. My guess is that Who has some genes from Spain in there somewhere and so gets up in arms - even though said genes are Euro.
What cracks me up is that you can assume not only my heritage but my cultural identity based on a couple of photos even when it hasn't exactly been a secret where I've been living the past four years. I'm not sure who you were quoting with "hispanic" as I clearly wrote that I was latino, as in of Latin American decent.
Originally Posted by slaani
anyone expressing righteous anger on the internet is either doing it wrong or trolling.
At least someone besides Get Smart and chrono got it. I thought for sure mentioning Stormfront would have given it away.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
Yea, in contrast with my friend from the story, i've had another black friend try to call out racism but with less tact/humor and end up looking like a bigger ass. I figured whodini wasn't serious but started to second guess myself when i saw everyone react.

Let's just blame the browns since there aren't many on this forum and just move on with our lives, huh?

asobu

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
time for this thread to return to random fashion thoughts imo

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Those poor bloggers can't distinguish Woolrich Woolen Mills from Woolrich John Rich and Bros.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 107 36.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 108 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 37 12.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 47 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 42 14.4%

Forum statistics

Threads